Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Do not trust this doctor  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2014

My family member recently passed away due to the same situation by this physician. At least she had more time than Ms Welteroth did! Date: 12-13-1998 Case Style: Welteroth v. Gene Miller and Spectrascan Imaging Services Inc. Case Number: 96-C-1462JV Judge: Unknown Court: Court of Common Pleas, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania Plaintiff's Attorney: Thomas R. Kline of Kline & Specter P.C., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Defendant's Attorney: James Prahler of Margolis Edelstein, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for Spectrascan and Neil Wenner of Hourigan, Kouger & Quinn, Allentown, Pennsylvania for Dr. Miller. Description: Medical malpractice - Plaintiff went to her gynecologist for a routine checkup. During the examination Dr. Miller found a lump in her breast and sent her to defendant Spectrascan Imaging Services Inc. for a mamogram which was reported to shown no abnormalities. Eight months later she went back to Dr. Miller because the lump had enlarged to the point that she could feel it. She was referred to a surgeon and who determined that the lump was cancer and that it had spread into her lymph nodes. Despite chemotherapy, Ms. Welteroth is not expect to live. Ms. Welteroth sued Dr. Miller and Spectrascan, charging that Spectrascan was negligent because its technologist sent Ms. Welteroth's mammogram to the wrong file in Dr. Miller's office. The mammogram, because it had been ordered after the discovery of a lump, should have been routed directly to Dr. Miller. When it was sent to the normal pile of mammogram reports, no surgical consultation was ordered, and thus the nature of the lump was not discovered. At trial, Dr. Miller admitted problems with his office procedures. Spectrascan denied any negligence. Outcome: Verdict for plaintiff for $33.1 million. Plaintiff's Experts: Unknown Defendant's Experts: Unknown Comments: None

|  Dr. Miller is the FANTASTIC  |  show details
by Nicole N. on Sep 16th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Miller for 6 years. He delivered my daughter and I couldn't be happier with the services that he provided. Out of the 50 times I have been there, for pregnancy related, or other complications I was experiencing, there was 1 time that I didn't actually meet with him and met with Dr. Stevens (who is also wonderful). I have never had a problem getting an appointment and there have been numerous times where they fit me in, or stayed a little later so I could be seen. On occasion I have waited in the waiting room longer than I would have hoped, but I also understand that he sees other patients, and face it, they could be having problems that need to be addressed. I believe that waiting in the waiting room is a good thing, that means they are helping others and isn't that why we go there? I would highly recommend Dr. Miller or anyone at that practice. :)

|  show details
by C.Breitfeller-Hill on Aug 30th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Miller's for several years and continue to be one, even after moving out of the area. He is thorough and to the point. I will be at a loss when Dr. Miller retires.

|  Nice bedside manner...if he gets there!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 20th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Miller has excellent bedside manner--I went to him for GYN care for 4 years before my first pregnancy, and so happily stayed with his pr...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Oct 30th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Awesome.: Been going to Dr. Miller for 16 years. Just an awesome group.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com