A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Smith is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City.
Dr. Smith has 3 hospital affiliations:
- North Central Baptist Hospital
- Santa Rosa Medical Center Hosp.
- St. Luke S Baptist Hosp.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gene Richard Smith MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gene R. Smith practice?
- Dr. Gene Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Gene Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.