A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Shaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Shaffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shaffer has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shaffer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gene W. Shaffer practice?
Dr. Gene Shaffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Elkins Park, PA and Fort Washington, PA.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons, Philadelphia Surgeons, and Philadelphia Family Physicians.