A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Shaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaffer
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Shaffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shaffer has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gene W Shaffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 17 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Gene W. Shaffer practice?
- Dr. Gene Shaffer has 1 office location.
Dr. Gene Shaffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons and Philadelphia Surgeons.