A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Shaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaffer
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shaffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Shaffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shaffer has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gene W Shaffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Gene W. Shaffer practice?
- Dr. Gene Shaffer has 1 office location.
Dr. Gene Shaffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons and Philadelphia Sports Medicine Doctors.