A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Swanson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Swanson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Swanson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Swanson graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Swanson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Immanuel St Joseph'S - Mayo Health System
- Waseca Area Med Ctr, Waseca, Mn
- Immanuel -St Josephs Hospital, Mankato, Mn
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Swanson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- HealthPartners - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 15 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gene E. Swanson practice?
Dr. Gene Swanson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Mankato, MN.
See Mankato Orthopedic Surgeons.