A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gene Swanson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gene Swanson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Swanson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Swanson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gene Swanson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Swanson graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Swanson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Immanuel St Joseph'S - Mayo Health System
- Waseca Area Med Ctr, Waseca, Mn
- Immanuel -St Josephs Hospital, Mankato, Mn
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gene Earl Swanson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 45 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gene E. Swanson practice?
- Dr. Gene Swanson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Gene Swanson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Mankato, MN.
See Mankato Surgeons.