Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Dr. Gene Wyll and Staff show details Dr. Gene Wyll and Staff
by Linda N. on Jun 22nd, 2016

I am giving Dr. Wyll and his staff 5 stars. Delana and Crystal were friendly, patient and helpful with my paper-work and the many questions I had as a new patient. I came in because I bumped my head and began seeing white lights when I blinked and a shower of floaters. I was VERY scared. When I told them what was happening, they wanted to see me the same day I called! I am so glad I chose Dr. Wyll because he is that rare kind of Doctor who is not rushed, or is not motivated by patient load, selling surgeries, etc. You know what I'm talking about--you've all experienced it at one time or another. In contrast, Dr. Wyll is honest, and careful. It was his 40 years experience that caused me to choose him over other local doctors. He was genuinely concerned with what was going on with my eyes, and I loved that! I could tell I was in good hands immediately. What a relief! After an unrushed amount of time which included dilations and looking manually into my eyes, he diagnosed my problem as Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD.) Dr. Wyll took his time explaining what PVD was and he answered my questions patiently. He was all business- which is EXACTLY what I want for my precious eyes! He put me at ease, and told me what his plan was regarding this problem. During the visit he also did the most thorough eye glass examination I've ever had--all done by HIM. Wonderful! Because of his thoroughness, he was able to correct a long-time problem of ghost images (text over text) that I had just lived with for many years. The whole appointment was just what I was hoping for. I left there unafraid and secure in his care... I'm So glad I chose Dr. Wyll!

by Minnie Valdez on Mar 25th, 2016

Dr. Wyll was efficient in his examination, yet thorough. He is very professional in his interactions as he focused on all the steps of my eye examination. Some of the reviewers see him as arrogant, but I saw him as confident in his skills. He is reserved, competent, thorough , yet he answered the questions I posed. There was very little wait time and I was taken at my scheduled time. His personal interactions with me were so much better than some other reviewers noted. If only I had come to him sooner, but I was delayed by some of the negative reviewers and that was my mistake. At another office nearby , I've waited 2 ot 3 hours beyond my appointment , but not with Dr. Wyll's office. The office staff is just perfect for me and Delana was very thorough , but did not waste my time.( efficient) He will have my business from here on out.

I felt he was arrogant , lacking in empathy, unable or unwilling to diagnose show details I felt he was arrogant , lacking in empathy, unable or unwilling to diagnose
Apr 18th, 2015

This is one of the most arrogant doctors I have ever had the misfortune to have seen. He appears to care nothing about his patients. Eye problems are often signals of other major heath issues but don't ask this dr. to make a diagnosis even with a clearly positive test result for fear it might cost the insurance company money. I felt I was treated disrespectfully and will be telling the referring doctor so they don't refer to him again.

Satisfied Patient show details Satisfied Patient
Jan 22nd, 2015

I have gone to Dr Wyll for more than 20 years. I appreciate his great practical advise, his expertise, personal service, and convenience. I recommend him to all my family and friends.

Time to retire show details Time to retire
by Anne R. on Jan 10th, 2014

Dr. Wyll is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met. He barley makes eye contact and spends very little time or attention during a visit. I went to him for a huge eye allergy and he prescribed a very expensive eye medication. It didn't work and I went to a non eye specialist and got an Rx that worked. When I went back to Dr. Wyll for an eye exam I told him the Rx didn't work, he still encouraged me to use the medication he had given me. At that visit I got an eye exam, the quickest I had ever received. When I got the Rx filled I told the eye glass store salesperson I was concerned because of the speed of the test from Dr. Wyll, Sure enough when I received the glasses the Rx was wrong. I had to spend additional money to get another exam, this time getting a pair of glasses which corrected my vision. Sometime it is just time to retire. Dr. Wyll I'd like to think that at one time you didn't feel that your patients did not deserve your attention but that time is past. Time to retire. If wish no stars had been an option. Office staff was very nice.

Jun 18th, 2013

I had some qestions that were answered succinctly and professionally. He was patient and reassuring, as was his staff.

ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY show details ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY
Jun 21st, 2012

The doctor spent like 10 mins to for my office visit. I have never had a doctor in my life who spent this little time on his patient and love money so much. Good luck if you are his patients!!!!!!!!!!