Dr. Genevieve Fairbrother Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Genevieve Fairbrother?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Genevieve Fairbrother?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2016

righteous know-it-all attitude

I have never been happy with the quality of service from Dr. Fairbrother. She has a righteous know-it-all attitude. She delivered my baby at her convenience - put me on meds all night until she was ready to deliver in the morning. I wanted to change positions in delivery - nope, not allowed. I wanted the baby at my breast immediately after birth, nope,not allowed. Instead I laid there and listened to my new born scream as she was scoured till crimson red. It just got worse in pre-menopause. Take a pill, use a patch - little, if any, personal care was taken. All she cares about is her paycheck.

September 8th, 2015

Good experience!

I just had a pre-natal appointment with Dr. Fairbrother and was very pleased with her bedside manner. She took her time listening to me and answering my questions. I did not feel rushed and felt very confident in her responses to what I asked. The wait time at this office can be a little long, but I've seen worse!

August 14th, 2015

Dr. Fairbrother is an excellent doctor!

June 19th, 2015

stay away from this bad doctor

Dr. Fairbrother isn't good. I insisted there was something wrong. She told me the only thing wrong was in my head. Went to another doctor and he found cancer. She was mean to me and rude to my husband. Stay away from her.

February 14th, 2014

Most Rude Dr Ever!

After going to this practice for a few months, I was scheduled to see Dr. Fairbrother because they are a "rotating" practice for maternity patients. After waiting in the exam room for nearly 45 minutes, Dr. Fairbrother came in and began looking at my chart and my ultrasounds. Without saying a word or barely introducing herself for nearly 5 minutes, she told me to lie down so that she could begin the exam. I have never felt so much pain from a routine exam as I did with her. When I spoke up, she responded very rudely and said that she wouldn't be able to do it if I moved again. Then, before finishing the exam, she started questioning me whether or not I will have my (unborn) child take the Gardasil vaccine when she is old enough. When I told her that it was way too early to be thinking about that, she took off her gloves and began to leave the room. I told her that I still had questions and things I wanted to go over. She huffed and came back into the room and rudely answered my questions. After I walked out of the room and towards the nurses station, my husband (who was not aware of what had just occurred in the exam room) told me that she was talking about me while he was sitting in the waiting room to the nurses. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. She is absolutely awful.

January 6th, 2014

great doctor

Dr. Fairbrother has been my doctor for years. She has taken great care of me. Now she has started seeing my teenage daughters and is taking great care of them as well.

October 3rd, 2012

Avoid This Doctor

Dr. Fairbrother is just plain dreadful. Nasty attitude. Disrespectful. Lacks compassion. Appears to hate people and her job.

February 22nd, 2012

I think she was great. She explained everything to me.

February 19th, 2012

Dr. Fairbrother has been my Doctor for years and has always taken great care of me! She has always been accurate on her diagnosis and treatment plans.

January 18th, 2012

Just as terrible back then as it is now?

I have recently moved back to Atlanta and I'm researching OB/Gyns. I will likely go back to the doctor who I went to AFTER I had my "once-is-enough" experience with Dr. Fairbrother over 6 years ago. Reading these reviews compelled me to rate her personally, as it seems like nothing has changed. I had infertility problems at the time, towards which she was not extremely sensitive. She made me wait and keep trying, which was fine, and eventually agreed to diagnostics. The problem became when I did get pregnant, and went for my first ultrasound where I discovered that I had a blighted ovum. She came in for a few minutes, re-iterated what the ultrasound tech said, and was out the door and told me to schedule a D&C. This was my first pregnancy and I was not only devastated, but in a complete state of shock. I didn't even know what a blighted ovum was, and it required that the tech describe it to me. The tech was extremely sensitive and kind, but Dr. Fairbrother was almost borderline nonchalant and RUDE. Her words to me were: "You'll pregnant again. This happens all the time." And I did...but NO THANKS to her. She should take a class in bedside manner and sensitivity training, for starters.

July 5th, 2011

Go Somewhere Else! Horrifying Experience

I've been going to OBGYN of Atlanta for over 5 years, and have resolved to not ever go back. They delivered two of my three children. Even then, I was not in love with the bedside manner and the level of caring, not to mention the lack of organization in the practice, however they did a good job (technically) on the C-sections and I never had any problems. I recently had a miscarriage and the treatment at the office was horrific. Enter the Doctor who delivered one of my two babies, his first question was "Have you ever had a successful pregnancy before?" Look at the chart, for god's sake, you personally delivered one of my children. Very little "I'm sorry that you had to go through this". Dr. Fairbrother then said she thought she could get the miscarriage out manually and tried this. I had told her I was not sad about the miscarriage given my age and already having three kids. She then said "I got it, wanna see?" and held up essentially the miscarried fetus, dropped it in a kidney bowl, and briskly and cheerfully said, there it is, the POC. When I asked what POC was, she said "product of conception". At this point, I was too stunned to even move. She then said "I think we're all done here" and practically ran out of the room, leaving me to face a bowl full of blood and fetal tissue. I had other questions, but she never came back. I barely made it to the elevator before I cried hysterically for 2 hours. In addition, I was making a followup appointment and the front desk had to fit me in. They looked up at me and said "Congratulations. Now how far along are you?" If this had actually been my first baby and I had really wanted a child, these encounters would have required me to have therapy. Do not go to OBGYN of Atlanta.

November 16th, 2010

After 2 1/2 yrs, I am going elsewhere and can't wait over an hour for my appt.

After 2 1/2 years of going to this office in Johns Creek, I've decided to go elsewhere. I had to wait 2 hours to see the doctor at my last regular appt . The office staff was rude and my refill Rxs were all messed up, causing me to wait an add'l 30 minutes to see the doctor to get all of the Rxs fixed.It's a shame, because Dr. Fairbrother is a very nice personable doctor, but not worth all the extra hassle.It's difficult to get an appointment sooner than 8 months. Receptionist messed up my appointment. And informed me a reminder call was made before my "no show" appt, when asked the phone number they called, she repeated an out of state phone number which didn't resemble any of my numbers. It scared me to think they didn't even have my correct info in my file.