Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

Excellent Clinician show details Excellent Clinician
by Parent of teen male on May 13th, 2013

Dr. Stearns is knowledgeable, patient, excellent rapport with youth. She is a rare find among clinicians having a well balanced approach to treatment options.

College student show details College student
by Jeremy on Feb 16th, 2013

Good expierience. Treated my ADD and grades are much better.

STAFF is TERRIABLE!! show details STAFF is TERRIABLE!!
Mar 9th, 2012

You know, as a potential patient thinking about using this Dr. and hoping for the best, you might overlook staff.. DONT.The Dr. is very genuine, but I question her judgement when employing the receptionist after informing the Dr. (mult. times) of all the problems I have had with her. Susan(staff) is strange, cold, awkward and sometimes not all there. Other times she can be nice and helpful..weird. I swear one day when I asked her to call me if the wait time was going to be over 40 min (late) wait time, she looked like she wanted to jump over her desk and strangle me. Yikes! Then, I received a bill months(5 months!) after the appointments.. saying past due and threatening collections.. I always paid after every appointment! What is going on! Now I have to argue and plea, and check my less then stellar records..fortunately I did have proof! OH, and the bill said (If you have proof of payment, please call) HAHA I run a small business and would NEVER do this to my customers. Advise.. I you choose to be a patient..NEVER pay CASH here unless you KEEP YOUR INVOICE RECEIPTS!! Stress upon stress... the last kind of thing people like me who are desperate for healing, need!!

Jan 19th, 2012

the Dr. worked with a diet program, I went to the office to make an appt., the receptionist needed to speak with the dr and get back to me...finally at the end of the day i called. The soonest appt would be almost 4 weeks...i pre filled the paper work, came to the appt early and left after waiting a full hour from the time of my appt. I did not c the doctor. The receptionist was not helpful...when i said i would reschedual her basic answer was ummmmmm...i was out the door be4 the ummmm ended.

May 6th, 2011

Great lady..caring, takes time with patients...

Apr 6th, 2011

Staff was terrific, only took three weeks to get me an appointment :-( One time the Doctor was late from lunch and I had to reschedule due to her tardiness. At almost $200.00 a session, I guess her time is more valuable than mine. There are better Doctors out there, find them...

Feb 23rd, 2011

She is very caring however she does believe very strongly in drug therapy and sends patients to other psycho. for talk-therapy. If you are looking for someone to do cognitive therapy with, or do not want to take drugs to cope, then look for someone else.