Dr. Gentry Thatcher MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology North Andover, MA

• Good
  • Bad

April 4th, 2016
simple Dr Thatcher has been my throat Dr through the last decade plus after my bout with throat cancer great results and a very pleasant experience from initial diagnosis to this day

July 7th, 2013
Unprofessional Doctor and Staff
I went to Dr. Thatcher for a recurrent sinus infection. I found that his staff was too busy talking to each other than talking to you. When I finally was brought into an examining room, I had to wait another 15 minutes before being seen. When Dr. Thatcher came in he did apologize for the wait but then complained about the staff and that they did not do their job very well. He did an exam, gave me prescriptions and sent me on my way. Although he may be a good doctor, I found that he is very unprofessional!

June 26th, 2013
I did not have the greatest experience with Dr.Thatcher. He was a very nice man, but I did not find him helpful at all. I have been having sinus issues over the past few years. This year i've have a total of 6 sinus infections in less than 12 months. I've been going to my regular doctor and the best they've been able to do is provide me with antibiotics. This has helped, however, they continue to come back. I took it upon myself to reach out to a specialist. In this case I was recommended "Andover Ear Nose and Throat." I decided to seek out a specialist to see if there was something wrong with my sinuses that caused so many infections. At the time, I was battling a 4 week sinus infection, 3 week heavy constant headache, deep facial pressure, deep black circles under my eyes, severe dizziness and nausea. My doctor, Dr.Thatcher was a very nice man, and eager to please. I was honestly disappointed by his inability to offer me any solutions or potential reasons for my issue. He offered antibiotics immediately, which I told him i would take as a worst-case-scenario option, and that the reason i came was because I was looking for a much for permanent solution (antibiotics i can get from my regular doctor, I wanted to find a way to prevent the unnatural amount of infections i get) He then suggested a CatScan. I asked him what the call to action would be if they saw i did infact have a sinus infection and sinus issues. He answered "we would give you 28 days of antibiotics". I then asked, wouldn't it be smart on my part to then choose to just take antibiotics instead of put myself through radiation?" He said "Sure". I was then very unsure to why he suggested the catscan in the first place, and also unsatisfied because I was looking for more than antibiotics. He felt my sinuses and told me he was going to inspect my sinuses real quick. He used a tool that looked like a long snake with a camera. It took all of 15 seconds. He said my sinuses looked normal. I had also suggested that maybe allergies were my issue. So we scheduled an allergy test. All-in-all the appointment was very much about me offering solutions and him saying "sure", this is a possibility. When going to a doctor you are looking for their expertise, suggestions and solutions. In my case, I offered solutions and my doctor lightly agreed with all of them to please me. I also felt fairly rushed. The billing staff was extremely disrespectful. I spent 45 on the phone, and ended up crying.

September 8th, 2011
I think Dr.Thatcher is a very good doctor.He has taken the time to explain everything to me and i never feel rushed or afraid to ask about a treatment plan. I had half my thyroid removed and he did a great job,no problems. I wish there were more doctors like him.Kind,caring and trusting.

July 7th, 2011
Had no clue
I was having a problem with tinnitusI was in and out in 10 minutes on 3 visits.the second time I had an appointment with him he suggested I get a second opinion. He told me all the over the counter stuff was crap but the next visit he gives me a pamphlet to get some. All I was was a way for him to make money send me for a bunch of test. He did not communicate anything to me at all. Very poor doctor.

April 19th, 2011
Dr Gentry Thatcher - TOP NOTCH PHYICIAN/SURGEON
Dr, Thatcher has been my ENT specialist for over three years; most recently, he diagnosed/performed my partial thyroidectomy. His professionalism and his expertise is unsurpassed - he did a fantastic job with my procedure, and my recovery has been flawless. Equally improtant for me and my family, he always took the time to explain procedures, expected outcomes, and meet with my family following my surgery to explain things and to put them well at ease.

January 2nd, 2017