Dr. Geoffrey Ames MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 6th, 2016
Wonderfully Unconventional
Dr. Ames is willing to think outside the box of conventional medical practice. In my case he worked with me on my various health issues, not imposing his medical wisdom on me but explaining his diagnoses and alternatives for treatment. My ophthalmologist discovered cholesterol deposits in my eyes and insisted I get it checked out as it is an indicator of heart disease. After checking with Dr. Ames and at his suggestion supplementing with manganese, the deposits cleared and further eye exams confirmed this. I am grateful for his service.

December 9th, 2015
Best Dr in Washington state!!! Highly recommend him. We are beyond blessed to have him here in the Tri Cities!

October 22nd, 2015
Dr. Ames spent 5 minutes and found the correct diagnosis where four other doctors and $$$$$ later found nothing.

October 18th, 2015
All my family is going to see dr Ames for the last 8 years. I learned about him from a pt of his. He and staff is wonderful!

April 25th, 2015
What an amazing doctor!
Dr. Ames is by far the most brilliant doctor, I have ever met. He is very passionate about his work, very thorough, that makes him a perfectionist. While some people have complained about the lab work he orders, to me it makes complete sense. I'm paying for all expenses out of pocket, ( our insurance doesn't cover his office , and most labs) , but is worth it every penny. While his diagnosis was accurate, without lab work to back it up, one would think he pulls the diagnosis out of a hat. Is going to take me few months to pay my lab work, but I don't regret it for a second. He has the knowledge and knows how to use it. Now that I found the "perfect doctor ", I could never go back to see a regular doctor... I recommend Dr. Ames with all my heart to anyone! I had suffered for few years, needlessly, because of incompetent doctors. My quality of life has improved because of his care. I'm so blessed to have him as my doctor!

February 10th, 2014
Dr Ames Rocks
I started getting really sick out of the blue and randomly passing out, got my driving privelages taken away by the medical Dr.s until they could find out what was causing my issues because I passed out twice driving. I went through one test after another, and 3 "MONTHS" later they still couldn't figure it out. I was drained and frustrated!!! My son and his wife suggested I go see Dr Ames and really all I can say is; Dr Ames in my book is Amazing!!!! He did a lot of thorough testing and within a week or so, I was feeling like a Champ!!! Dr Ames is a very knowledgeable Dr., I have much respect for his way of going outside the box and running tests the regular medical field does not do!!! I am grateful to have had the opportunity to meet him and find a Dr that will go the distance to get his patients on a correct path to wonderful health!!!!!

January 22nd, 2013
On the cutting edge. Excellent.

September 21st, 2011
Zeroed in on my problem
I was visiting friends in Richland and needed to see a dermatologist for a foot skin problem. He got me in the next day. His diagnosis was right on, and he gave me treatment that cleared it up(was fungal). He also recommended natural treatments which ended up working much better than I had imagined. He was extremely helpful on related subjects and spent more time with me than most doctors. He doesn't take medicare.. but his price wasn't bad and was the best money I have ever spent for a visit.

May 27th, 2011
Thank heaven's for Dr. Ames
I have been seeing Dr. Ame's for several years. I'm Medicare now, so it is all cash, no insurance reimbursement. He is worth every single hard earned penny. I can go to other Doc's with a small co-pay, but I can't get well or really find out what is wrong with me unless I see Dr. Ame's. Several DNA disorder's, all documented by lab work..I may now get to live a better life, I know I'm now living a better life due to Dr. Ame's.

March 24th, 2011
Finally Someone Took Me Seriously
Dr. Ames was the only doctor I have seen over the past 10 years for chronic fatigue who was willing and able to figure out what was going on with me. I was so tired of being told that I was just depressed or it was just because I am a mom with small children. He is extremely thorough and leaves no stone unturned, using every medical test you can imagine to figure out the problem. I was impressed that he got all of the facts from bloodwork, etc. before trying to treat any of my symptoms. Some of his suggestions were a little unconventional, but for me I was happy to try anything to feel better. I am definitely a FAN, and I am not easy to win over! Also, the supplements he sells at his office are cheaper than you can get anywhere else (I did the research) and he does not push them. In my opinion, they are there for your convenience as some of them are very difficult to find.

September 17th, 2010
Tracy Mitchell
Dr Geoffrey Ames is an excellent diagnostician. Through testing he finally found out what was wrong with me after other doctors chasing their tails for 18 years and telling me "it is in your head" and "you are depressed".

December 3rd, 2009
Horrible front office manners. Very rude. Great doctor, bad staff.