A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Geoffrey Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Geoffrey Thompson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Geoffrey Thompson, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 29 areas:
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Adrenal Cortex Cancer
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Adrenocortical Adenoma
- Body Weight
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Cushing Syndrome
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Intestine Cancer (Duodenal Neoplasm)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Geoffrey B Thompson MD is a male Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Geoffrey B. Thompson practice?
- Dr. Geoffrey Thompson has 8 office locations.
Dr. Geoffrey Thompson practices Surgery near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Kenyon, MN and Wabasha, MN.
See Rochester Surgeons.