Dr. Geoffrey Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2017
Bernstein neither accommodating or truthful

October 21st, 2016
A nightmare
I told the team I wanted to be awake for the colonoscopy, that I was sensitive to sedatives, that I'd had a successful one before (within the system) where I watched and stayed pleasantly awake. My requests were not honored. I was given twice the amount of sedatives as I was at the first procedure: immediately and before they were through injecting the sedatives I was completely out: had an adverse reaction to the sedatives that simulates a heart attack. Was taken to another hospital by ambulance and had a day, night and another half day while heart tests were performed. I learned that I have a fine, strong heart for the second time since I had had a similar reaction before ( they would have found this out if they had checked my records to get more info about my sensitivity to drugs and sedatives and what the physician before had done that resulted in very positive procedure before). I was not at all happy after all the preparation and knowing that I now do it again. Dr. Bernstein was not congenial in the procedure room and I hadn't met with him before. He started preparing me and I felt and was physically exposed. He was rough. The time before I was covered appropriately and the doc was gentle.

July 3rd, 2013
Very attentive and caring. Responds quickly to email or phone messages.Trying to get a phone call into the office can be a nightmare, but that isn't the doctor's fault.

April 10th, 2012