Geoffrey N Box MD Patient Reviews

July 8th, 2016
Couldn't have kicked me out of the office fast enough!

February 11th, 2016
I absolutely love this doctor! He has saved my life more than once! I would recommend him to anyone! He is also my moms kidney doctor. The staff makes sure we are always schedule together! I am happy that I was referred to him!

January 13th, 2015
Great doctor and would highly recommend.
I was referred to Dr. Box while inpatient at OSU due to complications from another surgery. He is a great surgeon. His bedside manner following surgery was great. It took me a bit to warm up to him but I am not seeing him because I want to be his tennis buddy. He is one of the best. I would highly recommend him. He successfully completed my repair surgery and he followed up with me while I was in the hospital and after I got home. Great doctor and I am very thankful that I was referred to him.

June 8th, 2014
I recently left this practice because of the dismissive way Dr. Box treated me. I was told he didn't believe I had urological pain and was pretty much telling me he couldn't help me. This was prior to even looking at my CT results. I ended up with a blockage and am having another, more caring urologist operate this week. I would never recommend Dr. Box to ANYONE. He is very uncaring. I now see a wonderful group of doctors who truly care about their patients.

April 30th, 2012
surgery
I went to the hospital to make one kidney well enough to have a surgery on a possible tumor on the other, and perhaps the loss of kidney #2. A new diagnosis at hospital indicated the original diagnosis of kidney #2, was not accurate and did not require a 2nd surgery. I am alive and well with 2 kidneys, seems like a darn good deal to me!

April 5th, 2012
Great Care
I am perplexed with some of the comments here as my experience was wonderful. Dr. Box was great as were his assistants, from his great nurse to his appointments person. My surgery went very well and recovery was quick and painless. Robotic surgery is clearly the way to go for prostate cancer, in my opinion.

October 1st, 2010
Great Doctor! Very Caring
Dr. Box took the time to listen to my concerns, gave me several options, and then let me decide which option was best for me. When I did not select his first choice he respected my decision and followed through with my wishes. Very proffessional!

July 12th, 2010
Awful
Not at all prepared or attentive. Not having my surgery there.

July 1st, 2010
One of the worst Dr. visits ever
Dr. Box did not interact with me, he interacted with his computer. His affect is very strange and off-putting like a teenage boy. He avoided answering questions and had very little to no compassion. I will not return. His staff is not much better.

May 18th, 2010
First appointment was pretty good, except I didnt think I was going to have a resident Doctor doing everything first before Dr. Box. Lots of detailed questions, some which I was a little embarassed to answer.Making the 2nd appointment for the following week was less than easy. Mid-day appointment, and early appointments are few and far between it seems. Arrived at the 2nd appointment on time, registered before appointment, and was at the check in desk on time. My wait started with a 10 minute waiting room sit before I was escorted back to the exam room. I sat in the exam room for 1 hour 10 minutes and finally went and found a nurse on my own to find out what the hold up was. She said she would find out and let me know. As I turned to go back into the exam room I witnessed the nurse talking to the doctor, but she did not come in with any update. Another 15 minutes passed and still no nurse, no doctor. I decided I was tired of being abused or taken advantage of by this doctor and his staff. I left the exam room and went to the front desk. I asked for a copay refund, my test results, and was given a get out of the parking garage free card. The front desk said the surgery consult with another patient ran "into problems". Apparently their office opens at 1pm, and sometime between 1pm and 130pm (130p was the time of my appointment) this situation occurred yet no one thought to tell me at check in that maybe I need to reschedule or the wait will be long. Instead the staff chose not to communicate and leave myself and another patient sitting in exam rooms without any information for half of the afternoon. Supposedly I am getting a call back from the Urology department, but alas my phone didnt ring today, the day after, and I am not expecting them to call back at all. It's great the patient between 1p and 130p got the excellent attentive care, its ASHAME the rest of us suffered. So my health and test results suffer because someone in the office isnt being responsible? Not!