Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  negative experience  |  show details
May 16th, 2013

My experience was remarkably like the review right above mine (June 2010). Went in to get a lipoma removed. I found him unfriendly, standoff-ish, and with a condescending attitude. He wanted to send me for an ultrasound, and then put me under general anesthesia for the procedure, and also see another doctor in his office. When I questioned whether general anesthesia was necessary, he acted like I was crazy to question what he wanted to do. I was very uncomfortable about him, so afterwards I went to a medical forum, described my situation, and asked doctors what they thought. To a person, they said general anesthesia was unnecessary. I then visited Dr. Kurt Chen, and it was like night and day. Great personality, and I felt comfortable with him immediately. Dr. Chen never mentioned ultrasound or general anesthesia or anything like that. I had the procedure done in his office under local anesthesia, it took about 30 minutes, and went perfectly. I'm convinced Dr. Harter either has little medical expertise, or was trying to run up the bill. Either way, he is not a doctor I would use or recommend.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

Thorough and kind.

|  I won't go back  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

I found him to be extremely arrogant, curt, abrasive, rude, and not a very good physician. He seemed to have poor medical judgment and seemed to have a lack of medical knowledge. I will never step foot in his office again. I am actually worse off for having seen him. I will not make that mistake again.