A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro, MD, PHD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Thoracic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Geoffrey Ira Shapiro MD and PHD is a male Oncologist , has 24 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Geoffrey I. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro practices Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Oncologists.