A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro, MD, PHD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Thoracic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro practice?
Dr. Geoffrey Shapiro practices Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Oncologists.