Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrist

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Pharma Reps, Addictive pills and Long Wait Times... show details Pharma Reps, Addictive pills and Long Wait Times...
Apr 2nd, 2015

You will be on time, yet made to wait HOURS in the waiting area because he's behind. Barely spends any time with you. Beware: He has one of the rudest secretaries on the planet: 100 year old preppy north shore chubby lady with dark grey bobbed hair and loud deep voice speaking to you as if you're retarded because you're depressed or whatever. Made to wait hours even if you're the first appointment. Reason he's always late? Claims to be at the hospital until 1030 then his first appointment is at 11. You take first appointment thinking you'll be first one - he doesn't show up til 12 or later - emergency at hospital, traffic, etc. Always pharma reps there once three in the waiting room! They bring lunch, snacks, standing at the counter looking at the files through the counter window, talking to the "girls" on the staff. He must love all of the attention and the free stuff. He once took a meeting with a pharma rep (blonde, short skirt) when I had been waiting for my 20 minute appointment for over an hour. Are you pro Irish Republic or Sinn Fein? He's from Belfast, Northern Ireland, when you ask if he's British or Irish or about the Troubles (i.e Protestant or Catholic), he punts it to "I'm Irish - I don't think of it like that". Believe me, everyone in bloody Belfast thinks of it like that. Total leprechaun arsehole - charms you with the accent and gets you hooked on benzos. Don't take your elderly family to him and don't take yourself or your wife or your kids either. A real piece of work, this guy...

Feb 5th, 2015

he is a freak

Dec 30th, 2014

Dr. Shaw is a kind, compassionate doctor

Oct 20th, 2014

Dr Shaw has very poor follow through. If you call him for help after hours don't count on getting a call back and when you finally do he is rude and condescending. I was severely depressed and didn't get better until i found another psychiatrist.

May 20th, 2012

Dr shaw is rude and has no clue what he is doing.he took my 85 year old father and took him off of all meds then tried to put him on new ones and he said as he was very rude to me ,I am very confident this will help your father as he told me he was the doctor.he so wrong he should only treat his personal family with his confidence!! My father is 100 times worse then the day I took him to dr shaws office.Thanks to him my father is doing way worse.I would not recommend this doctor to any body .

Jul 8th, 2011

Office staff poor, Doctor arrogant. Not compassionate. When in crisis, all he wants to do is hospitalize patient. No regard for family members. Would not recommend.

Jun 6th, 2011

the worst psychiatrist I have ever seen. Took me off antidepressent completely without ramping up on another one. Went into a full blown deppression episode because of his recommendation.

BEST DOCTOR EVER show details BEST DOCTOR EVER
Apr 28th, 2011

I WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP MY APPOINTMENTS A FEW TIMES BUT THE STAFF(MARY) HAS BEEN SO NICE TO ALWAYS GIVE ME ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITHOUT BEING RUDE OR CHARGING ME EXTRA.DOCTOR WAS WONDERFUL AND SPENT MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME WITH ME. HE WAS PASSIONATE ABOUT HIS JOB.I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS HAD BAD LUCK WITH DOCTORS

great doctor!!! show details great doctor!!!
by phylis on Dec 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

dr.shaw has given me back my mother. five years ago, she was on deaths door. he has proceeded to make her as good as possible. i am able to keep her from a life in a nursing home. without dr.shaw, my mother would not be here. my family and i are very thankful to this,caring,compassionate doctor.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Condesending show details Condesending
by kesa on Nov 11th, 2009

This doctor was not at all responsive to questions regarding ECT. He was very condescending and said not to worry about details. I got out of there as soon as I could.

He was there for me when I really needed help show details He was there for me when I really needed help
Jul 19th, 2009

I can't say enough about how kind and caring Dr. Shaw has been to me. I have been a patient for many years and cannot imagine my life without his help. He is wonderful!

Jul 13th, 2009

This guy is a complete jerk. He is aliar with sex on the mind. Someone shouldtell him that he has a wife.

Apr 6th, 2009