Psychiatrists

191 Waukegan Rd
Ste 120
Northfield, IL 60093
847-716-1302
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
May 20th, 2012

Dr shaw is rude and has no clue what he is doing.he took my 85 year old father and took him off of all meds then tried to put him on new ones and he said as he was very rude to me ,I am very confident this will help your father as he told me he was the doctor.he so wrong he should only treat his personal family with his confidence!! My father is 100 times worse then the day I took him to dr shaws office.Thanks to him my father is doing way worse.I would not recommend this doctor to any body .

Jul 8th, 2011

Office staff poor, Doctor arrogant. Not compassionate. When in crisis, all he wants to do is hospitalize patient. No regard for family members. Would not recommend.

Jun 6th, 2011

the worst psychiatrist I have ever seen. Took me off antidepressent completely without ramping up on another one. Went into a full blown deppression episode because of his recommendation.

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

I WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP MY APPOINTMENTS A FEW TIMES BUT THE STAFF(MARY) HAS BEEN SO NICE TO ALWAYS GIVE ME ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITHOUT BEING RUDE OR CHARGING ME EXTRA.DOCTOR WAS WONDERFUL AND SPENT MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME WITH ME. HE WAS PASSIONATE ABOUT HIS JOB.I RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS HAD BAD LUCK WITH DOCTORS

|  great doctor!!!  |  show details
by phylis on Dec 17th, 2009 on citysearch.com

dr.shaw has given me back my mother. five years ago, she was on deaths door. he has proceeded to make her as good as possible. i am able to keep her from a life in a nursing home. without dr.shaw, my mother would not be here. my family and i are very thankful to this,caring,compassionate doctor.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Condesending  |  show details
by kesa on Nov 11th, 2009

This doctor was not at all responsive to questions regarding ECT. He was very condescending and said not to worry about details. I got out of there as soon as I could.

|  He was there for me when I really needed help  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2009

I can't say enough about how kind and caring Dr. Shaw has been to me. I have been a patient for many years and cannot imagine my life without his help. He is wonderful!

Jul 13th, 2009

This guy is a complete jerk. He is aliar with sex on the mind. Someone shouldtell him that he has a wife.

Apr 6th, 2009