Surgical Specialist

3.0

arrogant careless doctor show details arrogant careless doctor
Mar 14th, 2015

I went to the er with horrible pain. I was told it was my gallbladder and it needed to be removed. I suffered for approximately 19 hours before Dr Wilcox did the surgery. He kept to his regular schedule and left me for the last surgery of his day. The complication was my gallbladder burst and gangrene had gone through my body. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days. When I went back to see him I clearly had an abscess growing in my stomach. I did end up in the hospital four more times with four abscesses. Dr. Wilcox showed no concern what so ever. He went as far as to say I was not feeling any of the pain I told him I was feeling. He also said in the 25 years or so as a doctor he never had a patient like me he walked out of my room and left me crying . After all 4 experiences i finally decided to go to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh. Needless to say they truly cleaned up his entire mess. I still to this day have problems and still under a different doctors care. My new doctor is someone I would refer to anyone. I have to say I would not refer my neighbors dog to Doctor Geoffrey Wilcox. He really should be and needs to be trained in people skills which is something he has none of. Patients beware !!!! I truly hope you read this review and move forward with a whole different doctor.

great job show details great job
by robbin seals on Dec 5th, 2014

dr Wilcox has done all 5 surgerys on my tummy and he has done everyone of them ..I have to sayhe has done a great job on them all and actly I might have to go see him here soon and his staff is just the best

ignorant show details ignorant
Jul 30th, 2014

This was my second visit with Dr. Wilcox..years ago a hernia repair..thought I had another left belly pain noticeable buldge..after informing me I had no hernia he made me feel stupid. .he was arrogant..gave me a script for go lightly..I left went er and had a flare up o diverticulitus..and the go lightly was the worst thing ever..I will bever visit him again..2 hour wait and I was in agony and he could of cared less...more interested in his tan and rude skills

Dr. Who? show details Dr. Who?
Sep 13th, 2011

As a Surgeon he is great as a human who is he ? he is all about the money and you are just a insurance check --next! even after I visited with him every month for 8 months and he conducted my surgery he still doesnt know who I am or worst, recognizes me. I find this to be a Wal-Mart style doctor. A guy who is all about moving many and who says next! move along fella! Where are the real caring doctors at ?

Jul 16th, 2011

Failed to order the proper follow up tests as my post op complications from gall bladder surgery got worse. suffered needlessly for extra days, finally a cat scan was ordered and the problem identified. Does not listen to what a patient is saying. Would not recommend him to anyone.

Bariatric patients only? show details Bariatric patients only?
by sore in Sewickley on May 24th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Wilcox by my personal physician to have a large cyst removed. His people skills are sub-par, and I feel he rushed through the procedure; not as thorough as he could be.. He showed very little attention to my concerns regarding follow-up care. Perhaps he does better with bariatric patients?

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Christy R. on May 2nd, 2008

This doctor gave me back a life! Great doctor and office staff!!