Dr. George Gonzalez Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. George Gonzalez?

Posted on February 27th, 2016

Found Dr. Gonzales very unprofessional in his approach toward my mother who surfers from mild dementia. Dr. Gonzales , in the midst of testing my mother to see what degree of dementia she may be suffering from, admitted he was not interested in evaluating her on account of her increasing agitation as a result of the frustration she may have been feeling at not being able to complete some of the tasks she was asked to complete. He himself became agitated at this point and, in an agitated tone, basically told me he himself did not want to deal with her if she was to continue on in this state. Isn't agitation and frustration a part of the feelings that people get when they can no longer remember how to do what they used to find so simple?. And if you are in this profession then isn't safe to assume that you will encounter such people who do easily become agitated? I say that if you can not sympathize with someone or you do not understand that this is part of the process of this illness then you either need to educate yourself further on the subject or find another profession where you will not encounter such circumstances that result in such unprofessional behavior.

Ridiculous

Posted on April 21st, 2015

The man has dollar bill framed in his waiting room and when I commented it to the receptionist she told him and he lectured me during the first 5 minutes of our meeting about how hard he worked. After being talked down to how was I supposed to trust this man with my problems. Do yourself a favor and see someone more compassionate because this man and his rude receptionist apparently are out to make their next dollar off of you.

Posted on November 1st, 2014

I had an appointment scheduled for a month. I went to that appointment yesterday. As most other reviewers wrote, the office manager was the rudest, most unprofessional and incompetent office person I've ever encountered. My very busy husband took the day off from work to take me the very long drive to get there. When I got there the rude office manager said that she and the doctor wanted to go home early that day (I believe it was because it was Halloween). And she called and left me a message. It turned out she called the wrong number. She never made any effort to make contact with me. I tried so hard to get them to do the appt. since it was so difficult to get there and because she made really no effort to get in touch with me. They absolutely refused and made no effort to accommodate me for a future appt. When I got home I did research on the doctor and was not impressed with his qualifications. He didn't even go to medical school in the US. I guess it's just as well. Now I can find someone more qualified.

Happy lady

Posted on March 5th, 2014

Spinal tap was painless. Easy to talk to. Great advocate. Great bedside manner. Would recommend to others. Caring.

Great Doctor. Rude Recptionist.

Posted on September 3rd, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Gonzalez for 4yrs now.He is very helpful and knows his stuff. I am comfortable when ever I go there and I am NEVER rushed. He spends time with me and answers all of my questions. His other office help was WAY better than the one he has now. She has twice given me attitude on the phone. When I have called with problems I have never recieved a call back.. I have to call back the next day or so to find out if she had spoken to him. ? Um hello? She needs to be spoken to. OR replaced. She is the First point of contact for his office and people that that into consideration when calling and visiting a Doctors office. If you don't like your job leave... Let someone else do it that actually cares about the Doctors patients!!! When we call in with issues or suffering from migraine attacks.. we don't need your attitude.. We need your caring voice. .. Hope they read this.......

Posted on July 11th, 2012

Dr. Gonzalez was very informative and very clear with his diagnosis. He spent a long time with my wife and I and we didn't feel rushed, and we had several questions. I will definatly see him again. However , if his secratary doesn't get a new attitude I do have another neuro in Boston and the ride is the same. She is just rude. The only other thing that really bothers me about his office is the don't take cash, isn't that illegal? Credit cards only?

Great doctor. Terrible receptionist.

Posted on June 8th, 2012

Dr. Gonzalez was extremely attentive, respectful, and caring. He listened to all my concerns and asked all the right questions. He then made a clear game plan of what was needed to be done. I have been to many neurologists and he is thus far the best I have been to. Sadly though, his receptionist is rude, and incompetent. When I actually get through calling the office (which is rare) she is very rude, and I can ever hear her. When I asker ifshecould speak louder she seems together upset and gives a pretty severe attitude.she takes personal calls in the office while patients are waiting in the waiting room. She rolls her eyes at patience and in general seems to care less about her job and her bosses reputation.

Posted on June 2nd, 2012

Dr Gonzalez was kind and attentive, though he seems to have difficulty with eye contact. His office staff was very sweet. The waiting room was large enough and clean. I am not expecting to have to return, but if I need to I will have no problem with that.

Grateful patient

Posted on June 6th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Gonzalez for evaluation of a headache. He had a great bedside manner and was very knowledgeable. He listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. His diagnosis was right on target and the treatment he recommended has done wonders for my headache. I highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.

Posted on February 24th, 2009

He is inexperienced, does not provide sufficient information about procedures or follow up, office staff are inept, phone calls not returned, unresponsive to medical problems and very bureaucratic (office staff and Dr. Gonzalez do not seem to understand that medical problems may require prompt attention and provision for care outside of "normal office hours"; has only automated voice mail and no way to contact him after hours, and often not even during normal office hours (put on hold; messages not returned, etc.). All in all, there are better available in the community; not worth taking the risk in being treated by him given the way his practice is run and his lack of experience.

Posted on July 3rd, 2017