A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Small:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Small is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Small, MD is board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Small graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Small has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Small accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George A. Small practice?
Dr. George Small practices Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Mc Kees Rocks, PA and Beaver, PA.
See Pittsburgh Neurologists.