A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Abernathy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Abernathy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Abernathy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernathy graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Abernathy has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Engelwood Community Hospital
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Thomas Abernathy MD is a male Internist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. George T. Abernathy practice?
- Dr. George Abernathy has 3 office locations.
Dr. George Abernathy practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Venice, FL.
Additional practice locations include: North Port, FL.
See Venice Internists and Venice Cardiologists.