A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Abernathy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Abernathy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abernathy
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abernathy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Abernathy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernathy graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Abernathy has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Bon Secours - Venice Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George T Abernathy MD is a male Internist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. George T. Abernathy practice?
- Dr. George Abernathy has 1 office location.
Dr. George Abernathy practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Venice, FL.
See Venice Internists and Venice Cardiologists.