A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Balfour:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Balfour is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Balfour
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Balfour Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Balfour, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Ganglion Cysts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Balfour graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Balfour has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Encino Hospital Medical Center
- Mission Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George W Balfour MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. George W. Balfour practice?
- Dr. George Balfour has 3 office locations.
Dr. George Balfour practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Van Nuys, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Camarillo, CA and Burbank, CA.
See Van Nuys Surgeons.