Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
14624 Sherman Way
Ste 303
Van Nuys, CA 91405
818-902-2800
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Mr  |  show details
by Cameron Sciotti on Aug 14th, 2013

I had a severe comminuted fracture of the left wrist. He took me on an emergency basis in the evening. It couldn't have been done better! I had very little pain after surgery which he was shocked. I had six screws and a plate inserted. I could have went home after the surgery. Absolute work of art.

|  Awful from start to finish!!!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

Getting an appointment took FOREVER!!! The staff called me at 8:12 am the morning of my appointment to get medical history (already driving to the appointment). Get to appointment(15 minutes early) & fill out paperwork. Appointment is at 9:30 & hear nurse at 9:45 on the phone with the doctor asking him if he is on his way & the other nurse wanted her to ask him if he could stop by Starbucks (WOW!!!). After being called into room at 10:15 & measurements are done, still have to wait for doctor. He is in another room with a patient with the door open & I can hear everything. He finally comes to me (an hour late) & not 2 minutes in a nurse comes into the room with a headset & tells him he has a call from another doctor. He puts the headset on, saying nothing to me, gets out a piece of paper to start to take notes. The other doctor finally comes on the line & I can hear the conversation (both sides)& they start talking about a patient. He finally gets off the phone after about 5 minutes & finishes with me by saying "What do you want me to do? Deal with the pain & the numbness & get on with your life!!!" What a lovely bedside manner...NOT!!!

|  GREATEST ORTHO DR......  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

He has done 3 surgeries on me..Right shoulder, Left hand (2) and he is so great in explaining what is wrong and how he will fix it ..He is so great and love his sence of humor .. His staff is so special and helpful too..If you have to wait a little longer it is OK as he usually has had an emergency and that is what happens when you are a SPECIAL DR.... so it is not hard to wait as then you know if you have an emergency he will be there for you ...

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

Very good surgeon. Did a great job on my trigger finger releases.

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Doctor didn't introduce himself nor apologize for the almost 2 hour wait. Office staff was nice enough. Inner examining rooms were not neat nor did it look very clean. Instruments were laying around on tables w/out sterile tray or clean towels beneath them. The whole experience was a bit offputting.

|  Mixed feelings about this doctor  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I was referred to this doctor by my internist. My first visit was thorough though I was kept waiting for 45 minutes past my appointment time. My second visit was less impressive, first I was kept waiting over 90 minutes with no explanation or apology, spent about 7 minutes with the doctor who told me I was doing fine, but offered no solution to my chronic pain other than to come back in 4 weeks for another shot of cortisone.

Sep 3rd, 2011

this doctor lies in his reports states he does test that never were performed and states his nurse is in the room the whole time he is in there and she isnt and he is rude and refuse to anwer questions

May 20th, 2011

great first visit....had a good laugh with dr. balfour and his staff...walter and lourdes made me feel at ease while dr balfour was repairing a severed tendon....

|  ARROGANT RUDE DR AND OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

I WAITED OVER 3 HOURS, ALL OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE, ARROGANT ESPECIALLY LINDA HIS WIFE. WHEN I ASKED FOR HELP WITH GETTING MEDICAL RECORDS, LINDA SAID "DO IT YOURSELF." WHEN I SAW DR BALFOUR HE SAID "I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO TALK TO YOU,I HAVE OTHER PATIENTS. HE WOULD NOT LET ME READ A STATEMENT HE FORCED ME TO SIGN, HE SAID IT WOULD TAKE ME TOO LONG.2 DAYS AFTER MY DR VISIT, I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE DR, HE SENT A COPY OF THIS LETTER ALSO TO MY OTHER DR. THAT REFERRED ME. STATING HE IS REFUSING ME CARE AND I WAS CHALLENGING, AND TOLD MY OTHER DR THAT I MADE RUDE COMMENTS ABOUT THEM TOO. AND HE ENDED THE LETTER BY STATING "THIS PATIENT CAN GO TO ANYONE BUT ME, HE AND HIS STAFF ARE ARROGANT ASSHOLES, I CALLED MY INSURANCE AND LET THEM KNOW NOT TO PAY THIS DR A RED CENT. AND ALSO MADE A REPORT TO THE MEDICAL BOARD...HI LINDA I HOPE YOU READ THIS, YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!" IT WILL DO YOU WONDERS!!!!!! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!! HE EVEN TOLD ME HE HAD MALPRACTICE SUITS AGAINST HIM AND HE HAD CUT A NERVE IN 2 PATIENTS. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF A DR TOLD YOU THAT? THIS HAPPENED IN HIS LANCASTER, CALIFORNIA OFFICE.

Jan 4th, 2011

I have never been treated SO rudely by a doctor in my life. In fact the entire office staff could take lessons on treatment of people.

|  uh  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

He seems to be a very good doctor. He met my standards but can be insensitive about feelings at times. Overall he is very outstanding and I loved the outcome even though I got a ways to go.

|  Very Professional and Caring  |  show details
by J. Freeman Dispatcher on Sep 8th, 2008

I am a patient of Dr. Balfour and from the first time I saw him he was courteous and took the time to listen and understand my problem. He is straight forward with you and doesn't beat around the bush. I appreciate having him for my hand doctor.

|  Surgery: Fractured Right Wrist  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2008

As a retired RN, it quickly became obvious that Dr Balfour had the experience, knowledge, & skills to do what was in my best interest. I recovered & healed beautifully with NO CAST. Within 1 month I had full range of motion. Expect his office to be crowded which reflects his popularity & reputation.