Dr. George Blair MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 22nd, 2014
Blair's review
Dr. George Blair's help has been a lifesaver for myself. I don't care what his critics say, he has always been there for me. I've been with him for years, and I go out of my way to insure that he will be available for me. He has bent over backwards to help me. We have worked hard to find the correct combination of meds for myself. I have risen from the ashes of being in a lock-down mental institution to a sober, productive member of society. I am even getting back into the workforce after being on disability for years! He listens to my input, and we work together as a team. He is willing to take chances with me in terms of medications, and, after years of experimenting, have found the correct combination. I used to self- medicate with illicit drugs and alcohol, and through his help, have gotten sober and stable. I, personally, thought I was hopeless, and I am at a point where I can resume to being a productive member of society. I go out of my way to insure that he will continue to work with me. I owe this man a debt of gratitude.

July 6th, 2013
Mixed feelings he sets me up with trouble sometimes.

March 26th, 2012
A complete joke of a doctor!
Was referred by my current psychiatrist as I needed someone 'in network'. Left two messages on voicemail explaining that I was referred by Dr. Blair's colleague. No phone call back! No phone call to say "I am not taking new patients" or "I have retired" or ANYTHING. This is barely acceptable from an auto mechanic but a psychiatrist has an obligation to at least return a voicemail. I will be leaving one final voicemail to let him know what I think!

August 31st, 2011
Thanks for your help

March 14th, 2011
I have seen more than a dozen psychiatrists in my lifetime and Blair is by far the best. His knowledge of the psychiatric field is outweighed only by his caring and compassion as a physician.

January 21st, 2011
From good to hideous
I met George while I was in rehab. He was wonderful at that time and when I saw him after that as my marriage was falling apart and both of my parents very, very ill. When I left LA, he told me that he could still be my doctor and we would have phone appt's, which we did. Then, I don't know what happened. He stopped calling, didn't answer my request for phone app'ts, nothing. All communication just stopped. HOWEVER (and here's the kicker), HE KEPT PRESCRIBING! IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE HE HAD ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ME, BUT HE STILL PRECRIBES MY MEDS!! I couldn't afford a new shrink, so I just went with it. I just got a new shrink last month. When I told him about George, he just shook his head. It saddens me, but I would never recommend George to anyone. You need to be able to count on your shrink, for God's sake.

July 21st, 2010
This Doctor is TERRIBLE.
My family has power of attorney over my mother's affairs, including her care for her advanced Huntington's Disease. This man neglected her and then threw her in a hospital psych ward 3 times when her behavior was too much for the nursing home to handle. He never changed her medication and he never returned any of my family's phone calls and messages. He should lose his license.