Dr. George Butterworth MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2017
Awful Staff! Don't waste your time!
This review is not about Dr. Butterworth but about the awful staff that works at his office. My appointment was for 1:45 pm and I arrived at 1:46 pm. I figured that I might have to wait a few minutes since I did not arrive a few minutes prior to my appointment. After waiting in the waiting room until about 2:30 pm I then walked over to the receptionist desk to ask how much longer the wait would be because I had to go to work soon. The receptionist of the office is a very unfriendly woman who wears sunglasses on the top of her head in a very professional manner. As I approached her she was busy chatting with a friend. I then asked her if I should keep waiting or if I should reschedule my appointment. She then gave me a silly facial gesture and said " it's up to you". I then continued to wait another 10 minutes to which I was then greeted or should i say not greeted by an awful and rude nurse. She took me into the exam room where she barely said hello or made eye contact with me. I am not sure what seems to be wrong with her as she looks angry and upset for no apparent reason. She then weighed me and took my blood pressure and then coldly told me that the doctor would be in in a few minutes. She did not even say goodbye to me or to have a good day before she just walked out of the room. After about another 30 minutes of sitting alone in the exam room, I opened the door and walked down the quiet hall back to the receptionist desk where i asked again " Should i keep waiting or should I reschedule ? " I would understand if there were a few other people in the waiting room with me but the waiting room was empty from the time that I first arrived until the time that I left. I still am not sure where the doctor was the whole time or what the wait was for. It didn't seem like he was with other patients. The receptionist then very quickly said the same response as before about it " being up to me" or that she could reschedule me for next week. I thought to myself, Why would anyone want to reschedule to just come back here and wait another hour in this awful office and to basically be ignored. The kicker to this whole scenario is that the doctor never even came in to see me after sitting in the exam room for 30 minutes. I became so furious that I got up and walked back to the receptionist desk. I then told her that I could not wait any longer because I had to go to work. She barely apologized and seemed to have no sympathy that I just wasted an hour of my life in this god for saken office and was treated so rudely. I told her as I left that this is a very unorganized place. I would highly recommend anyone to find another office to go to. I am not the person who would never write a review but I felt in this situation that I was treated so coldly that I did not have a choice.

December 14th, 2015