Dr. George Baker Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. George Baker?

Posted on April 25th, 2016

I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Baker for a yearly skin check last week. I was very pleased with the attention to my needs that the doctor showed, however his assistant Sandra was not as pleasant. She did not offer a gown or explain that I would have to undress in front of the doctor. Sandra seemed annoyed when I asked her if I could have something to cover with. Dr. Baker was able to look at my skin and I was satisfied with his exam. I just feel like his assistant needs to work on her manners.

Posted on April 15th, 2016

Dr. Baker has been my Dermatologist for many years. He has been very helpful in treating my acne without trying to force antibiotics down my throat like every other doctor I had been to before. At my.last 3 appointments, he seemed very attentive to my needs as a patient as well as seeming very concerned and sympathetic about my health as I have recently been diagnosed with cancer. He took the time to talk about my acne and the improvement I've made and even asked if I had moles he needed to check or any thing else he could check. I'm very satisfied with him and his great staff. The nurses even made sure I had enough refills and made sure I had rebates for a new prescription.

Not thorough!

Posted on December 11th, 2015

I went for a skin check. He performed the exam with me wearing a cumbersome paper robe and him peeking around it here and there. I do not at all believe he was able to view my skin to check for any problems. Checking for skin cancer is serious and should involve stripping down and the doctor being more diligent than to peek around the shadow of a gown for 60 seconds. I'll find another dermatologist.

Beware of this place

Posted on June 24th, 2015

Doctor Baker is very dishonest and unprofessional. I went to him because the veterinarian (yes, not a doctor) who performed lipoma removal surgery on my shoulder refused to treat me when my wound opened and started bleeding. Doctor Baker applied the strips to the wound and did not tell me the truth or gave any treatment whatsoever. Very soon after this visit I went to the hospital and they told me the wound has opened because of infection and will stay opened and bleeding until the infection is healed. Was given prescription and released home. Shame on you, Baker!!!

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Dr Baker is a life saver for me as well as my brother by early detection of skin cancer and our post surgery care.

Very Happy w/Dr. Baker

Posted on November 17th, 2010

From reading the other reviews it sounds like I see a different Dr. Baker. While he does not spend a lot of time, I prefer it that way. I make my appointments for 7:45am, have a short wait, if any. Dr. Baker always answers my questions, has given me samples before, and has always been polite.

Don't use this doctor

Posted on October 5th, 2010

I brought my son in for an issue with his skin where the skin was breaking and bleading along with a very bad itch. The doctor seemed like he didn't want to be there much less have us there. He made me feel like I shouldn't ask questions with his short 1 oword responses. I didn't feel welcomed there. I left feeling very uneasy about the visit. He looked at the affected area and said right away that it was his eczyma. I explained to him that in 13 years this has never been a factor. He insisted and perscribed an ointment. He literally looked at the area for 20-30 seconds for diagnosis. After using the ointment for 2 months and the follow up visit still persisted. The doc prescribed a medicated tape. That didn't work. So let's try another ointment. 10 months later I go to another Dermatologist. They run a culture. What do you know. Staph infection. My son ran around with this for 10 months+. That doctor could care less to spend any extra time with his patients to really understand the issue. I have a friend with the same opinon and she has already changed doctors. It's like he's counting down his days to retirment.

Just Another Dr.

Posted on February 17th, 2010

I was not dissatisfied with Dr. Baker. He is not very compassionate, he is quite dry. But that doesn't make him a bad doctor. I trust him and his experience with me has been good. I feel confident about his diagnosis and knowledge.

competent

Posted on October 14th, 2009

Dr. Baker works his rooms like he's on an assembly line. Breezes in with his nurse who writes his prescription on his pre-signed pad. No discussion of available samples or the cost of the exhorbitantly priced medications he favors. I think he spent four minutes with me and billed my insurance for an "extended visit." Not going back.

Posted on October 2nd, 2017