Dr. George Callaway MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 28th, 2013
Extremely Professional
Dr. Callaway is kind, wicked smart, an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. I am so glad he was able to accurately diagnose my problem, and use all non surgical interventions first to resolve the problem. I had surgery last week at the ROSC and could not have been more pleased. He did an excellent job...so glad I chose Raleigh Orthopedics!!!!

November 9th, 2012
Thanks Dr. C
From my experience, Dr. Callaway is an extremely good doctor. His demeaner is friendly and professional. He goes over every detail of your treatment, from diagnosis, reviewing xrays and MRI, what to expect pre and post surgery, to recovery. I could not have asked for a better doctor.

August 4th, 2011
If I had a choice...
I was in a car accident on the job and was sent to Dr. Callway for my wrist and lower back. When I first went he said I had a lumbar strain and suspected fractured wrist. My wrist was put in a cast and i was sent to physical therapy. After losing the ability to walk and being treated at ER he finally decided to do an MRI after 4 weeks of physical therapy. He said it was just a strain and should heal on its own. (starting week 9 of pt and things are finally starting to get better.) After 3 weeks of a cast on my arm, he says its just a sprain and puts me in a split for 2 weeks and says to do PT. My wrist is still swolen and the pain is getting worse every time I try to use it. He finally decides to get MRI - MRI shows tear in TFC and issue with DRUJ. He is still convince its just a sprain and dismissive of not only my concerns and pain, but of the radiologists report as well. After another 3 weeks of pain, he refers me to an associate that is actually a hand specialist - 1 look at MRI and says its torn and more areas of concern in the wrist so he orders EMG and nerve study, and MR arthrogram to see the extent of the damage before surgery. Why it took Dr. Callaway 9 weeks to figure out he didn't know what was wrong, but his associate knew in all of 5 minutes is beyond me. I certainly would not have chosen him as doctor if I had a say in the matter.

December 6th, 2010
Great Doctor
Doctor Callaway is a great orthopaedic. He has always been very courteous to me. I need a shoulder replacement, but he has done everything to help me put the surgery off, because he knows that I do not want to have it right now. I was in an accident in 2005 and he treated me with all my injuries and cared enough to listen to me to try to figure out what was wrong with me. He specializes in shoulders, but out of all the doctors that I went to, he was the one that found out that I had 4 broken ribs. I would say if you need an orthopaedic, Dr Callaway will treat you right.