Dr. George Childress Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Childress?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 29th, 2015

2+ weeks for BP Meds

I absolutely love Dr Childress, however, the new people that is taking his place are flat out UNPROFESSIONAL. I have been waiting 2 weeks for my Blood Pressure Meds to be called/faxed in. I finally decided to just go to the office and pick up my prescription myself and drop it off at the pharmacy. It took them 50 yes 50 minutes to give me my prescription. The entire time I was waiting, I could hear the front desk ladies discussing that I've been calling since before Christmas. Mind you, I am in the waiting area with other patients, who also heard their conversation. 50 minutes later, the MA came out to give me the script and stated she had faxed it 3 times. When I asked for the fax confirmation to present to the pharmacy, she said she didn't have one 😒. Never once did I even receive an apology. Needless to say, I'm currently looking for another PCP. I Love Dr Childress, but I refuse to jeopardize my health with these new people, who clearly don't put their patients' well-being first, any longer.

September 18th, 2013

Excellent, Caring Physician

I have been a patient of Dr. Childress for over 10 years,since I saw him save a man's life with paramedics on the way. Long story, but the compassion, knowledge and intensity I observed that day have been repeated over and over. Dr. Childress listens and responds person to person. I trust him and feel assured by him. Everyone should be so lucky to have such a great physician.

January 23rd, 2012

Incredibly Rude Doctor

I went to Dr. Childress for help with weight loss. This is already a hard thing to do and when I met with him he made it even worse. Right off the bat he asked why I was there I told him I've struggled with my weight he said "what do you want Liposuction?" Incredibly rude then as I was explaining to him my troubles he told me that "the jews proved that starving works" I swear this is word for word. I was stunned. Not to mention half of my family is in fact jewish. I would never recommend this man to anyone.

December 15th, 2010

This Is One Fine Doctor

I have been a patient of Dr. Childress since moving to McKinney eight years ago and my experience has been wonderful. He is caring, professional, and takes time to get to know his patients personally. When my 88 year old mother moved in with us, there were very few doctors in the area who would even consider taking a new elderly Medicare patient - but Dr. Childress agreed. Dr. Childress takes care of the families of our military, he is a well respected member of the community, and I think he is an outstanding doctor.

September 14th, 2017