Dr. George Chin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 9th, 2015
Doesnt care about his patients
I was extremely sick and called everyday to speak to him because I was getting worse and worse everyday. His staff was very nice, but all he kept telling me was to take more Miralax. He told me another patients results before I was able to say that he had the wrong person. Ended up in the ER and admitted to the hospital because his lack of care.

August 20th, 2015
Karma...Hopefully It Worked
I was referred to this Doctor by my primary care physician with high recommendations. I was excited for the appointment and the office staff was wonderful. I suppose I should preface that I'm on a limited budget and my insurance copay is high, therefore I don't take going to a specialist lightly. On the day of the appointment, I checked in, paid my copay, and waited. I was a bit surprised that the lobby as empty. The doctor himself came and got me. Also weird. Third strange happenstance was we went into what looked like his office and not am exam room. We spent about an hour going over my history, surgeries, etc. Never once did the doctor examine me. He just read my medical record and asked me questions. After an hour of what felt like an interrogation, the doctor told me that because I was on pain medication due to a spinal injury that he couldn't and wouldn't do anything for me. I thought he was joking. I asked him, "So you won't help me or even examine me; knowing full well my personal and family history of intestinal problems, including Ulcerative Colitis?". He said that's right. I left in tears. Here comes the Karma. Several months later I was in line at a big box store and started chatting with the person in line behind me, neither of us looking at the other directly in the face but rather staring to the side, entranced by the crowd. We were just having casual conversation about the upcoming holidays and such. The person realized he had forgotten something but didn't want to get out of line because the wait would be horrendous...again. That's when our eyes met. Guess who? The good doctor. I could instantly tell he recognized me. I just smiled and told him no worries, I would save his spot. And I did. When we left the store I told my husband the whole story as the man we were talking to just then. Our holiday wish for him and any patients who may see him from then on, was that he take the time to listen to people and not judge them based on a file or their own opinion.

March 23rd, 2013
Old school.
Dr. Chin did not impress me as having anything but basic GI knowledge whatsoever. His observations, ideas, concerns, and suggestions are outdated. I thought his bedside manner was interesting: be ready for the end of your appointment when he swivels his chair around, turns his back to you and expects you to stand up, walk across the room, open the office door, and let yourself out. No good-bye, no handshake, no "thanks for coming in and letting me charge your insurance company for doing nothing to help you". Short-man's-syndrome all the way.

June 17th, 2011
I feel that Dr. Chin is knowledgeable, experienced, and cares.