Dr. George Chioran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 19th, 2016
Great Experience!
I have been going to Dr. Choiran for at least 20 years and find him to be an excellent doctor.

October 2nd, 2015
Great experience
Kind and knowledgeable, wouldn't go anywhere else!

June 10th, 2011
Not a doctor for children! Or anyone for that matter!
Our daughter (age 6) had a red eye, and when I phoned our docs - both optometrist and peds,withour seeing her, they said it was pink eye, and Rx'd eye drops. Fortunately, I knew better as I'd been an Optician for years, and was very familiar with pink eye, and this was not! I was referred to Dr Choiran as one possible doctor to see with an eye emergency. We were leaving on vacation, so I wanted to leave nothing to chance. Dr Choiran was able to get her in asap - so off we ran! We had to wait a faily long time both prior to seeing the doctor, once we'd been situated, and after the initial eye check. With a 6 year old, and another child in tow, waiting wasn't much fun, but it was an inevitable situation given this was an emergency.When Dr Choiran looked at our daughter's eye, he was livid - especially with our two other doctors for diagnosing w/o ever looking at her - which I fully agree with, but also with me because she had a small piece of metal in her eye.I had NO way of knowing what was wrong with her eye - all I knew was that it was red, weepy, and was irritating her very much. I should have gone to the emergency room with her - I agree, BUT there wouldn't have been an eye specialist there, they would've given me pink eye medication, and I'd have prolonged the time getting her in to a specialist after all, so I felt I'd done a pretty good job not accepting an Rx over the phone!BTW, this is the ONE time doctors will Rx over the phone - grrrr! And it's the one time you should NOT accept being told you or your child has pink eye and taking the phoned-in Rx! Esp if it's a child, get them into see a doctor, and if your doctor doesn't want them in the office because they're worried about contagion more than about the health of your child's eye, then run, don't walk to find a NEW doctor!!! Doctor's who are too lazy to see your child because they "know" your child has pink eye doesn't have the best interest of your child at heart. I mean after all, it's pretty much guaranteed our daughter would have lost the vision in her eye had I not taken her to Dr Choiran, BUT having said that, he was TERRIBLE with her and with me!!!He took the piece of metal out of her eye w/o benefit of ANY anesthesia what so ever! Which is completely unnecessary!!! There are eye drops which anesthetize the eye very well, but Dr Choiran chose not to provide her with adequate pain relief - almost as if to punish her because he felt I failed to get her in to see a doctor soon enough. And btw, we have a very, very strong idea of how she got the metal in her eye, and there would have been no way to foresee it! She used one of those fans which had a sprayer bottle - so you can spray yourself and then the fan keeps you extra cool. It's a great idea, but not to spray toward the face .. but no one could have known she'd get metal in her eye - unless of course the company knew. Dr Choiran was very short-tempered with her, and just downright mean! He yelled at her to keep her eye open, and when she couldn't, he yelled some more. I said, "Excuse me, but (name) is only 6 - do you think you could do this w/o yelling at her, and w/o traumatizing her any further?!" At which point her proceeded to yell at me because he felt I'd been negligent allowing her to get a metal shard in her eye in the first place!Once he had it out, we waited while her eyes were dilated so he could check them again, we beat a path out of there and vowed never to return to him - which we never have, and never will! After all, who needs that anyway!My recommendation is to stay away from this guy - there are other eye physicians out there who are very good - no need to waste time and money on this one!