Dr. George Choumarov Sr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Choumarov Sr?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. George Choumarov Sr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 12th, 2011

Never again!!

He has been my sons doctor since he was a newborn he's always made me feel very rushed and I always leave with un answered questions. My most recent visit the greeting I received as he walked in was "what are you doing here?" how is that anyway to greet someone with a sick child? And I just lost it when I was in mid sentence and he interrupted me very rudely saying "yea yea whatever" as he walked out and prescribed some Motrin. It was absolutely ridiculous And I will never take my son there ever again! I do not reccomend him to anyone!

February 16th, 2010

One of the worst physician practices I've ever experienced

In over 11 years practicing as a registered nurse in 2 states, I have never seen a physician's practice more disorganized and unprofessional as this one. We took our son here when we relocated to Odessa. Physically the office is lacking-inadequate parking, the only restroom with changing facilities repeatedly "out of order", wallpaper peeling off the walls, and ingeneral uncleanliness. Both of our visits to Dr. Choumarov we had unacceptable waits to be taken to a room. The first visit we were there for over 4 hours and the second visit for over 3-and that is with an appointment. The staff is rather unfriendly as well as difficult to communicate with. Upon our second visit, a representative for a disgruntled employee maintained a 20 minute altercation with the staff in the middle of the waiting room. Not once did the staff attempt to handle this in private, and resulted to threatening very loudly to call the authorities rather than handling the matter privately. The expressions on parents faces were that of pure mortification and disapproval. I have worked with every specialty of medicine and numerous physicians including cardiovascular surgeons, neurosurgeons, bone marrow transplant specialists, oncology/hematology, anesthesia, pulmonologists and many others. I must admit I often "test" physicians treating myself or my family by not telling them of my medical experience initially so they will not show any sort of preferential treatment as many do when they are aware of your knowledge and ability to judge their competency as a medical professional. I never mentioned this to the staff or physician and was subsequently treated like a complete idiot regarding the health of my son. Questions were not answered appropriately and some were even dismissed as he walked out the door after not even spending 5 minutes with my son for a regular check up in which he only listened to my son's breath sounds and failed to perform a full physical and developmental examination required at 2 months of age. I immediately scheduled an appointment with a new physician so my son can recieve the full attention he needs and deserves as a patient. I, in all honesty, would not recommend this practice to my worst enemy. No patient or their family should be subject to such incompetent medical care or such an unprofessional environment.

August 17th, 2017