Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Prior Patient  |  show details
by Lynn D. on Jan 9th, 2014

Dr. Chovanes was always very professional,caring and friendly. I always knew he was to the point. He never did surgery unless it was absolutely needed! In 1996 he did a C6-7 fusion with plating. I had instant relief. No arm pain ,no neck pain & I could raise my arm up. Then in 1999-2000 due to turning a sedated pt., ( with the help of another nurse) , I felt something pop in my neck. Dr. Chovanes then had to do surgery & redo my fusion. Still having some pain & numbness. The IME DR. told me if I had C5-6 done my pain wouid be gone. Dr. Chovanes did not think it would help. After being worn down, I agreed to have the fusion at C5-6 by another physician. Dr. Chovanes was correct the surgery did not make a difference! I chose him due to his expertise, inner action with patients & knowing other physicians went to him for help & or surgery! I still recommend him to family & friends.

|  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

I was treated by Dr. Chovanes for a brain hemorrhage when I was 20 years old. He was warm and kind and put me at ease at a time when I was very frightened. After 12 years of misdiagnoses and "I don't know" from other doctors, I finally got the treatment I needed. I cannot say enough about how much he's done for me.