inactive

George I Cierny III MD Patient Reviews

no change

November 8th, 2010
Excellent, saved a limb when others said it wasn't possible

May 25th, 2009
George is now the standard by which all other doctors shall be measured.
My wife found Dr. Cierny when we were at our wits end concerning my osteomyelitis, my unhealed complex fracture of the tibial plateau, and the fact that every other orthopedic surgeon I had consulted with was recommending amputation. After emailing our information, copies of studies and x-rays, and a time-line of my story, Dr. Cierny recommended we meet for an appointment. We did so, and immediately I was comforted by his strength, his warmth, his humor, and his air of competence - you get the impression from meeting with Dr. Cierny that he is confident that he can help you in ways that other doctors cannot help - and that alone is very positive. Once we made the decision to move forward with corrective surgery, everyone on Dr. Cierny's staff (and there aren't many of them -- only 2, not including his partner) worked hard to help us make the surgery possible - from scheduling time in the hospital to dealing with the insurance companies, they are consummate professionals and have that same zen attitude - that "this is going to be alright" and "you are in capable hands" air about them that really sets you, as a patient, at ease. I came through TWO rounds of very difficult surgery with ZERO complications, and I still have a beautiful, functional right leg where all the other doctors said I would have only a prosthesis. Dr. Cierny literally wrote the book on treatment of osteomyelitis, and if you are fortunate enough to have found him, GO TO HIM, FOR HE WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR YOU! We all, as patients, have an instinct to trust physicians, and in some cases, those instincts end up being self-destructive or misguided. In Dr. Cierny's case, take that ball and run with it - you can trust this man to tell you the truth and to do right by you. As a doctor and as a human man, he is an inspiration. He has earned my respect, my unqualified recommendation, and my love.