Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

by DEBORAH LONGINO on Feb 17th, 2015

Dr Cravens is doing my upper spine surgery on 02-17-2015 and will up later,it is going to work out great!

Neck Surgery show details Neck Surgery
by D on Sep 30th, 2013

Office visit, 1st appt, and follow up all sucked and I was left with more questions then answers but I have to say the surgery went like a charm and I am very happy with the out come. So much I just might use him again if needed.

first visit show details first visit
Feb 22nd, 2013

I saw dr.craven for the first time the other day and it was the worst appointment that ive ever had. I have seen many drs over the yrs, but not one of them didnt bother to sit and talk with me til i saw dr.craven. Not only was my visit longer than 2hrs, but to top it off dr.craven sent only his pa to see me. I didnt care much for his pa either. She wasnt empathetic to my situation and got frustrated when i voiced my opinion. I wouldnt suggest him to anyone and i plan on going to a different surgeon very soon.

Oct 21st, 2011

I do not question Dr. Gravens surgical skills, but based on my experience with him I rate him very low in regards to patient dedication and communication. He does not clearly explain the details of his diagnosis. When pressed for details he is very evasive leaving you with an unsure opinion of what to expect. He implies that you must just trust him! I did just that, based on the recommendations I had received previously.His surgery on my upper back was much more extreme than he had implied it would be, however after a prolonged period of healing the results were good.Because of the extremity of the surgery I chose a different surgeon when it came time to perform surgery on my lumbar spine. However five years later follow up surgery is now required on my lumbar. At this time I felt I may have erred in not allowing Dr Cravens to do the lumbar surgery and that I needed to get his opinion before proceeding and perhaps allow him to do the follow up surgery. I made an appointment for this purpose and made my intentions clear. My appointment was accepted, however after the necessary paper work and an x-ray was completed, and a long wait, I was advised that Dr. Cravens would not see me and that he does not give second opinions.I felt this response was very arrogant and unprofessional. It is obvious that Dr, Cravens is not dedicated to helping the patient as much as his own personal convenience. I felt that his policy should have been made clear to me when I called to make the appointment.Based on my experience I would not recommend Dr. Cravens unless you are inclined to blindly accept his judgement as I did and are not prepared for unsatisfactory follow up. I believe in being very proactive when it comes to my personal health!

Mar 7th, 2011

My husband's first and only appt with Dr Cravens took 2 hours to see him and then never did see HIM. We only saw his PA. This is not the way it should happen for a first time appt. We won't go back

Jul 9th, 2010

Follow up after surgery was very hard with this doctor. After having a surgery with complications we had to wait over two hours for one appointment and never saw the doctor. The next appointment we waited over three hours and never saw the doctor. We have a lot of questions that are unanswered.

by Karen Pitman on Nov 24th, 2009

Dr Cravens and the nurse in office is the best experience I hae ever had in any Dr office- I had an emergency surgery and Dr Cravens and his team has been very helpful to me during my trama and very patient with my questions and forgetfulnes- I rate is team well above average and would recommend them to anyone- although I do pray I do not ever have to..

Patient show details Patient
Aug 5th, 2009

Dr. Cravens successfully performed cervical disc surgery on me, but failed to recognize post-surgery complications, and failed to make post-op visits, instead sent dis-interested assistants....allowing my secondary condition, a serious infection, to worsen.