Dr. George Csank MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Pittsfield, MA

3.3

February 22nd, 2017
Csank went far beyond Limitations of the "Peter Principal" Long, but well-worth the read. Caveat Emptor!
Unprincipled mercenary, Dr. Csank, nationally unranked surgeon, more than LIKELY READ THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE the NIGHT BEFORE. In order to same money on the elective surgery, the patient voluntarily requested to be given only local anesthesia, thereby able to remain alert and awake throughout. The doctor was clearly "educating" the surgical nurse, step by step, as he proceeded, so as to refresh his memory of how to next proceed. "OPEN YOUR RIGHT EYE," screamed the doctor, twice, to the patient. "I can't," replied the patient, whereupon the physician vociferously repeated himself, thus thrice., After telling the patient that it is normal to take up to a year or more for the eye to eventually fully close,, (which anyone with several I.Q. points knows that three to six months for reduction of sagging eye-lids is a lot), he would give constantly give the patient tape strips to be worn nightly and in public for that time period, though there was neither a baseline nor any improvements. The stitches themselves were removed after fifteen days, requiring the doctor to physically put the massive weight of his knee on the patient's chair in order to remove them, naturally leaving scars. FURTHERMORE, THE DOCTOR REFUSED, UPON NUMEROUS WRITTEN AND HOSPITAL REQUESTS BY SEVERAL RENOUNED PEERS FOR THE PATIENT'S RECORDS IN ORDER TO ASSESS AND PERFORM CORRECTIVE SURGERY, Dr. Csank NEVER responded to single one!. On the contrary, upon surreptitious, photographed inspection of the existing records left atop one of his nurses desk, they demonstrated no indication whatsoever of any unusual circumstances having occurred during that procedure. Though I am a lay person, my father was a preeminent NYC mal-practice with several years of medical schooling interrupted by WWII; later becoming an attorney (I have never personally sued a physician , including Csank, which I have been greatly tempted). TWO OF THE GREENWICH, CT DOCTORS, Not KNOWN TO THE OTHER AT THE TIME , WHO LATER EXAMINED THE PATIENT USED THE IDENTICAL TERM, "Who BUTCHERED you?" One advised me to have skin removed from my upper palette to replace the inordinately large amount of skin irresponsibly removed by Csank from the patient's lower lids during the upper and lower blepharoplasty procedure. The patient's lower lids were never able to fully close, allowing constant air to ulcerate, even when attempting to sleep. Showering was a constant fear, due to soap entering the eye, and the patient had to concentrate to force the eye shut. This event was debriefed by the patient shortly thereafter and it has been an additional ten years since that operation. I have been photo sensitive ever since. TO TOP IT OFF, this patient, eavesdropping by the waiting room door, unequivocally clearly heard Dr. Csank telling a medical ophthalmologist that the subject patient had prior issues of photosensitivity having nothing at all to due with the recent surgery performed by him. The main reason I did not personally confront Dr. Csank was that I feared my emotions would get carried away to the point of accosting the pretty bastard; forgive my English. STAY AWAY FROM THE BUTCHER. Advice: Only go to those who can prove they have had numerous successful procedures as specialists in a specific field of medicine. Generalists unable to know their limitations can and often do harm you while they look askance at their Hippocratic oath. P.S. My brother was a medical oncologist, as is his son, and both cousins are physicians. My only admission is that I did not mitigate the situation knowing the import of seeking specialists on 57th street, Boca Raton or Rodeo Drive. In that sense, mea culpa.

September 5th, 2012
Rude
He was extremely rude the moment he came in to see me, not even knowing my name or what i was there for. He laugh when i told him what doctor reffered me to him and about what she said my ailment was. The entire consultation he never once listened to what i had to say about what my issue was and just kept insisting it was something i already had looked into, even after i told him so. I will never go to him again or suggest others go see him. i will be finding another doctor.

April 14th, 2010
carpel tunnel release
i was treated and then completely ignored and brushed aside after i still complained of severe pain. I would NOT recomend him for THIS type of surgery.