Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Northborough, MA patient on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr. Dickstein has been my gastroenterologist since 1995 and I would recommend him to anyone. I have Barrett's and we are right on top of all the screenings that need to be done to make sure it doesn't turn into something much worse. He is also my daughters doctor. She was diagnosed with Acid Reflux at a very young age.

Sep 21st, 2012

A very conscientious physician.

Knowledgeable, but inconsiderate regarding time show details Knowledgeable, but inconsiderate regarding time
Jun 27th, 2012

He knows what he is doing, but he has awful time management. I always book the earliest time slot, in hopes that the earlier I go, the less behind he will be. I had a 10am appointment last month, and he was already backed up. Ended up seeing him just before 11. After all that, we generally spend less than 10 minutes in the office.

Good, but ALWAYS behind show details Good, but ALWAYS behind
Aug 22nd, 2011

He is knowledgeable, but always be prepared to wait. They say the avg. wait for a Dr. is 20-25, but with Dickstein it's 45-55 min., even if you have an early appt. I had a 10am a few times and I still waited 40 minutes. The later in the day, the longer the wait. And he checks his blackberry a bit during my 5-10 minute long appt. I've gone as far enough as to call ahead and see how behind he is, and they say on time, and I show up 10 minutes later and end up waiting close to an hour.

Great Doctor Overall show details Great Doctor Overall
Aug 5th, 2008

Dr. Dickstein was great at diagnosing several of my medical problems including autoimmune hepatitis & a rare disease causing bleeding of the stomach lining. He explains in advance what can be expected over the months but careful not to tell you unnecessary info. that may scare you. But, be prepared to wait because he usually is running behind.