Overall Review

3.8

October 13th, 2016
Difficult to reach
Dr. Dickstein is a wonderful doctor, but is virtually impossible to reach. I've been trying to make a follow-up appointment for over a month. The office doesn't answer the phone, they don't return messages left with answering service, they don't respond to appointment requests on their website. The process is horrible to reach the office, very frustrating.

June 25th, 2015
Dr. Dickstein has been my gastroenterologist since 1995 and I would recommend him to anyone. I have Barrett's and we are right on top of all the screenings that need to be done to make sure it doesn't turn into something much worse. He is also my daughters doctor. She was diagnosed with Acid Reflux at a very young age.

September 21st, 2012
A very conscientious physician.

June 27th, 2012
Knowledgeable, but inconsiderate regarding time
He knows what he is doing, but he has awful time management. I always book the earliest time slot, in hopes that the earlier I go, the less behind he will be. I had a 10am appointment last month, and he was already backed up. Ended up seeing him just before 11. After all that, we generally spend less than 10 minutes in the office.

August 22nd, 2011
Good, but ALWAYS behind
He is knowledgeable, but always be prepared to wait. They say the avg. wait for a Dr. is 20-25, but with Dickstein it's 45-55 min., even if you have an early appt. I had a 10am a few times and I still waited 40+ minutes. The later in the day, the longer the wait. And he checks his blackberry a bit during my 5-10 minute long appt. I've gone as far enough as to call ahead and see how behind he is, and they say on time, and I show up 10 minutes later and end up waiting close to an hour.

August 5th, 2008
Great Doctor Overall
Dr. Dickstein was great at diagnosing several of my medical problems including autoimmune hepatitis & a rare disease causing bleeding of the stomach lining. He explains in advance what can be expected over the months but careful not to tell you unnecessary info. that may scare you. But, be prepared to wait because he usually is running behind.