Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad Eye doctor and facility  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2014

This doctor and his office assistant Philip Chen scammed with money greedy and overpriced, more serious bad experience with this facility. Currently they are under Texas board investigation on their wrong doing and submit to legal action against them. They try to get cash possible from patients to escape IRS taxation audit, all wrong business and bad doctor.

|  less of vision  |  show details
by kathy broad on Oct 4th, 2013

After 3 cornea transplants, I had to go on September 30th and have a shunt placed in the eye as the pressure stayed extremely high, the shunt will help with drainage of fluid and keep pressure down.

|  loss of eye  |  show details
by Kathy Broad on Aug 30th, 2013

It has been since June 19th 2010, that I lost my vision due to neglect of this Dr. I just had my 3rd cornea transplant on August 26, 2013. No hope for ever seeing again. And to this date have never heard a word from him. Not even an apology. How he won his case with the medical board I will never understand. But I was not able to attend as I am not able to drive and haven't been able to since June 19th, 2010.. Thanks to this Dctor.

|  Get help doctor Joseph  |  show details
May 15th, 2013

Make sure to eat a good heavy breakfast and pack a lunch. My grandfather and grandma waited 4 hours and the doctor never showed up. Staff made lots of excuses, presented that doctor will come. Another doctor came and wanted to treat my grandma and when she said" she needs to see dr. Joseph they told her that he has gone on vacation and will be back in two weeks. What a waste of time their whole day was wasted.

|  Bring a pack lunch!!!  |  show details
by Lisa on Feb 22nd, 2013

Have given up on this doctor because of his constant tardiness. Had an 8am appointment and waited outside his locked office for a half hour and no one showed up. I called later and spoke to his staff and asked them to have Dr. J call me. What a waste of breath! No call, no apology. There is no where to sit whilst waiting for the office to open and no access to a bathroom. My husband (83) and I both have to take diuretics and we left after their no show. Why have people there at 8am when you know he's not going to be in the office until 9:30 or more? Have waited nearly 4 hours only to be told he has an emergency and won't make it. This has happened more than once over the many years. His staff are not even kept in the loop! The man has NO IDEA how to run a business and I wouldn't recommend him under any circumstance. As I used to tell my children and students, "Lack of planning on your part shouldn't create an emergency on mine!" His ADD is out of control and he needs professional care..... please George, seek treatment!

Apr 16th, 2012

Doctor is knowledgeable and kind but his practice is run very poorly. Longtime patients in waiting area stated that two hours is standard time waiting just to be seen - then probably another hour of waiting after meeting with tech.

Mar 11th, 2012

Dr. Joseph is the finest physician I've ever met. He corrected my vision when other doctors had told me it was hopeless, performed cataract surgery and lens implants on both my parents, and consistently gone above and beyond for us. As others have mentioned here, you do need to be prepared to wait a bit -- but in exchange for your patience, you will get the best ophthalmic care of your life.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Dr. Joseph has cared for my vision since approximately 1999. Yes, sometimes there is a significant wait to see him. What people obviously do not know about Dr. George is that he is one of the few in our area that is trained to handle critical emergencies in the Hospital ER. When I have to wait longer than expected, I am just thankful that *I* am not the emergency patient that he is seeing.No...I would not trade him for all the tea in China! I will continue seeing him. And I've had no issues with the staff either. They are very business-like and are very busy. What more could I ask?

Jan 24th, 2012

My appointment was at 11. By 2:45 I still had not seen the Dr. I had other obligations and finally left without seeing him at all. Judging from conversations with other patients in the waiting room, this is a typical experience. Staff was not professional or friendly. Dr. Joseph is very knowledgeable, such a disappointment that his practice has come to this. I've been a patient for 20 years and am now looking for a doctor and staff that value my time.

Dec 3rd, 2010

Phone is unanswered or busy signal. If you get an appointment be prepared for a 2 to 3 hour wait. I paid my bill immediately and the insurance also paid so I am due a refund. Have been trying to get my refund for 6 months. If I did noot pay I would be reported to a collection agency. His staff does not care. It appears that he has way to many patients to care for.

|  Gave up and left after 2.5 hr wait  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

This is the first time I've ever walked out of a Dr's office. My diabetic 94 yo mother-in-law waited more than 2 1/2 hrs to see the Dr and we finally had to leave. It's always at least a 1 1/2 hr wait. I don't know why we put up with it as long as we did, but now we're looking for another Dr.

|  cataract  |  show details
by kathy broad on Aug 25th, 2010

he did my cataract surgery on 04/19/2010 and damaged my eye to the point that i had to have a cornea transplant and he has not bothered to call or see me. he knows he was at fault that is why he is not in touch with me, i despise this doctor for what he did to me. my life will never be the same.

|  cataract surgery  |  show details
by Kathy Broad on Jul 13th, 2010

he performed catarat surgery on 4/19/10. the next evening had severe pain, he was called to no avail. he seen me on 5/24/10. said everything would clear up in a couple months, he called me twice with no good news. it is now 7/13/10 and not heard a word from him. i am scheduled for cornea transplant in temple texas on 8/3/10. Dr. Joseph destroyed my left eye.... hope he never has a chance to do this to someone else. I have hired a lawyer.

|  Joseph George E Md - Eye Surgery Of Texas is great, but the staff is not!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

He is a good doctor, but you will have to wait. His staff is completely incompetent. They are rude and do not know anything about running ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Caring and Personable  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 25th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I love Dr. Joseph once I get in to see him. However, every visit means a 2 hour wait in the waiting room before getting in to see him. I j...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com