3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
just needed enhanced after 20 years of previous lasiks show details just needed enhanced after 20 years of previous lasiks
by Suzie on Mar 12th, 2016

When I went in, I could see far off. My short eye had gone long. Couldn't see the words on the tv 10 ft away. I came out not being able to see to drive, especially at night. Someone screeed up. I could see distance and everything in between. Now I can't see the separate cars unless I have a contact in. Frustration, anger. I could see when I went in and 2 months later they still haven't fixed my eyes. I know it takes time to heal, but my sight was taken away not enhanced.

Priviledged to be his patient show details Priviledged to be his patient
by Carolyn K on Feb 23rd, 2016

Wait time is long but well worth it. While waiting you hear stories of how he saved someone's eyesight over and over again. He saved my Daughters eyesight form H1N1 virus in her eyes that could have resulted in total blindness. I have surgeon friend who does microsurgery for a living and Dr Joseph is his doctor & has done surgery on his eyes..Speaks volumes!

Tardiness show details Tardiness
by Jackie on Feb 17th, 2016

Worst doctor ever. Never on time. 3 hours wait is normal. Don't be surprise if his staff call you 1 hour before your appointment time to cancel the appointment. It happened to me three times. What a terrible doctor. He doesn't seems to care.

This doctor's life must be complete chaos show details This doctor's life must be complete chaos
by Glenda on Aug 26th, 2015

I have taken my elderly mother to appointments several times. Each time we have had to wait 3 to 4 hours to be seen. In talking with other patients in the waiting room, this is standard. I understand that emergencies can happen; but, I think if a doctor is running more than an hour late, his staff should provide an update and offer to reschedule the appointment if it is going to be much longer. My mother's first surgery date was canceled with no explanation. On her rescheduled surgery date, the doctor showed up three hours late. The surgery center had been paging him and he never returned their calls. We overheard the staff talking among themselves that this was standard for Dr. Joseph. By the time he showed up, all I could think about was what if he rushed through the surgery and was not careful because he was running so late. I don't know what his personal issues are but the way he runs his practice needs improvement. My advise to people reading this review is that in an area as large as Dallas there are choices. He is not the only eye doctor in town.

by Kathy Schwartz on Jul 1st, 2015

Dr. Joseph is very knowledgeable in his field, and his top priority are his patients. He spent time with me to discuss cataract surgery and the different types of lens. Even though having the surgery done in my town would be more convenient, I trust him and his judgement and will make the necessary trips for him to do the procedure.

Kind, considerate and accurate show details Kind, considerate and accurate
by kacey on Feb 10th, 2015

Accurate diagnosis, articulate, spends adequate time with me, courteous staff.

Get help doctor Joseph show details Get help doctor Joseph
May 15th, 2013

Make sure to eat a good heavy breakfast and pack a lunch. My grandfather and grandma waited 4 hours and the doctor never showed up. Staff made lots of excuses, presented that doctor will come. Another doctor came and wanted to treat my grandma and when she said" she needs to see dr. Joseph they told her that he has gone on vacation and will be back in two weeks. What a waste of time their whole day was wasted.

Bring a pack lunch!!! show details Bring a pack lunch!!!
by Lisa on Feb 22nd, 2013

Have given up on this doctor because of his constant tardiness. Had an 8am appointment and waited outside his locked office for a half hour and no one showed up. I called later and spoke to his staff and asked them to have Dr. J call me. What a waste of breath! No call, no apology. There is no where to sit whilst waiting for the office to open and no access to a bathroom. My husband (83) and I both have to take diuretics and we left after their no show. Why have people there at 8am when you know he's not going to be in the office until 9:30 or more? Have waited nearly 4 hours only to be told he has an emergency and won't make it. This has happened more than once over the many years. His staff are not even kept in the loop! The man has NO IDEA how to run a business and I wouldn't recommend him under any circumstance. As I used to tell my children and students, "Lack of planning on your part shouldn't create an emergency on mine!" His ADD is out of control and he needs professional care..... please George, seek treatment!

Apr 16th, 2012

Doctor is knowledgeable and kind but his practice is run very poorly. Longtime patients in waiting area stated that two hours is standard time waiting just to be seen - then probably another hour of waiting after meeting with tech.

Mar 11th, 2012

Dr. Joseph is the finest physician I've ever met. He corrected my vision when other doctors had told me it was hopeless, performed cataract surgery and lens implants on both my parents, and consistently gone above and beyond for us. As others have mentioned here, you do need to be prepared to wait a bit -- but in exchange for your patience, you will get the best ophthalmic care of your life.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
Feb 1st, 2012

Dr. Joseph has cared for my vision since approximately 1999. Yes, sometimes there is a significant wait to see him. What people obviously do not know about Dr. George is that he is one of the few in our area that is trained to handle critical emergencies in the Hospital ER. When I have to wait longer than expected, I am just thankful that *I* am not the emergency patient that he is seeing.No...I would not trade him for all the tea in China! I will continue seeing him. And I've had no issues with the staff either. They are very business-like and are very busy. What more could I ask?

Jan 24th, 2012

My appointment was at 11. By 2:45 I still had not seen the Dr. I had other obligations and finally left without seeing him at all. Judging from conversations with other patients in the waiting room, this is a typical experience. Staff was not professional or friendly. Dr. Joseph is very knowledgeable, such a disappointment that his practice has come to this. I've been a patient for 20 years and am now looking for a doctor and staff that value my time.

Dec 3rd, 2010

Phone is unanswered or busy signal. If you get an appointment be prepared for a 2 to 3 hour wait. I paid my bill immediately and the insurance also paid so I am due a refund. Have been trying to get my refund for 6 months. If I did noot pay I would be reported to a collection agency. His staff does not care. It appears that he has way to many patients to care for.

Gave up and left after 2.5 hr wait show details Gave up and left after 2.5 hr wait
Nov 30th, 2010

This is the first time I've ever walked out of a Dr's office. My diabetic 94 yo mother-in-law waited more than 2 1/2 hrs to see the Dr and we finally had to leave. It's always at least a 1 1/2 hr wait. I don't know why we put up with it as long as we did, but now we're looking for another Dr.