Dr. George Joseph MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

April 19th, 2017
3 hour eait

December 4th, 2016
He told me I needed surgery. Luckily I got a second opinion and I was given another diagnosis. I immediately switched doctors.

September 1st, 2016
Miracle Worker
Dr. George Joseph is WONDERFULL!! He operated on both of my eyes, to remove cataracts and my vision is GREAT!! I am unable to adequately express my gratitude to him. He was professional, kind and took the time to explain things to me. His assistant, Dr. Colton, and Tina, in his office, have both been very helpful. The staff at the surgery center did a great job, and made my two surgeries much less stressful than I had anticipated. Since Dr. Joseph performed surgery on my eyes, my life has improved 1000%!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

March 12th, 2016
just needed enhanced after 20 years of previous lasiks
When I went in, I could see far off. My short eye had gone long. Couldn't see the words on the tv 10 ft away. I came out not being able to see to drive, especially at night. Someone screeed up. I could see distance and everything in between. Now I can't see the separate cars unless I have a contact in. Frustration, anger. I could see when I went in and 2 months later they still haven't fixed my eyes. I know it takes time to heal, but my sight was taken away not enhanced.

February 24th, 2016
Priviledged to be his patient
Wait time is long but well worth it. While waiting you hear stories of how he saved someone's eyesight over and over again. He saved my Daughters eyesight form H1N1 virus in her eyes that could have resulted in total blindness. I have surgeon friend who does microsurgery for a living and Dr Joseph is his doctor & has done surgery on his eyes..Speaks volumes!

February 18th, 2016
Tardiness
Worst doctor ever. Never on time. 3 hours wait is normal. Don't be surprise if his staff call you 1 hour before your appointment time to cancel the appointment. It happened to me three times. What a terrible doctor. He doesn't seems to care.

August 27th, 2015
This doctor's life must be complete chaos
I have taken my elderly mother to appointments several times. Each time we have had to wait 3 to 4 hours to be seen. In talking with other patients in the waiting room, this is standard. I understand that emergencies can happen; but, I think if a doctor is running more than an hour late, his staff should provide an update and offer to reschedule the appointment if it is going to be much longer. My mother's first surgery date was canceled with no explanation. On her rescheduled surgery date, the doctor showed up three hours late. The surgery center had been paging him and he never returned their calls. We overheard the staff talking among themselves that this was standard for Dr. Joseph. By the time he showed up, all I could think about was what if he rushed through the surgery and was not careful because he was running so late. I don't know what his personal issues are but the way he runs his practice needs improvement. My advise to people reading this review is that in an area as large as Dallas there are choices. He is not the only eye doctor in town.

July 1st, 2015
Dr. Joseph is very knowledgeable in his field, and his top priority are his patients. He spent time with me to discuss cataract surgery and the different types of lens. Even though having the surgery done in my town would be more convenient, I trust him and his judgement and will make the necessary trips for him to do the procedure.

February 10th, 2015
Kind, considerate and accurate
Accurate diagnosis, articulate, spends adequate time with me, courteous staff.

May 16th, 2013
Get help doctor Joseph
Make sure to eat a good heavy breakfast and pack a lunch. My grandfather and grandma waited 4 hours + and the doctor never showed up. Staff made lots of excuses, presented that doctor will come. Another doctor came and wanted to treat my grandma and when she said" she needs to see dr. Joseph they told her that he has gone on vacation and will be back in two weeks. What a waste of time their whole day was wasted.

February 22nd, 2013
Bring a pack lunch!!!
Have given up on this doctor because of his constant tardiness. Had an 8am appointment and waited outside his locked office for a half hour and no one showed up. I called later and spoke to his staff and asked them to have Dr. J call me. What a waste of breath! No call, no apology. There is no where to sit whilst waiting for the office to open and no access to a bathroom. My husband (83) and I both have to take diuretics and we left after their no show. Why have people there at 8am when you know he's not going to be in the office until 9:30 or more? Have waited nearly 4 hours only to be told he has an emergency and won't make it. This has happened more than once over the many years. His staff are not even kept in the loop! The man has NO IDEA how to run a business and I wouldn't recommend him under any circumstance. As I used to tell my children and students, "Lack of planning on your part shouldn't create an emergency on mine!" His ADD is out of control and he needs professional care..... please George, seek treatment!

April 16th, 2012
Doctor is knowledgeable and kind but his practice is run very poorly. Longtime patients in waiting area stated that two hours is standard time waiting just to be seen - then probably another hour of waiting after meeting with tech.