Dr. George Elkanich Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Elkanich?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. George Elkanich?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2017

Best Doctor ever!!!

My surgery was done 12 years ago and still working great!

July 12th, 2017

Returned me to significantly better functionality.

In 2012, Dr.Elkanich fused my L-3/4; removed hardware from previous spine fusions at L-4/5 & L-5/S1, done by another surgeon. He did excellent surgery but had a PA do all hospital follow-up to my displeasure. He didn't know about my 2 units of blood infused nor my time in the ICU due to poor communication with the PA. He is very nice but has several awful staff.

May 29th, 2017

The office staff is totally awesome they always go above and beyond what I expect! Very friendly and actually care. They help me with my paperwork and needs and help as much as possible. Dr. Elkanich is a totally awesome doctor he listens to my concerns and addresses them if I don't understand he explains it to me so I do understand. He is not in a rush with you he makes sure you understand what is going on and what he suggest for treatment. He tells you real talk doesn't sugar coat it! I would totally recommend him to anyone in need of his specialty as he is one of the best!

January 21st, 2016

Very nice doctor

He was very nice and explained my problem. Have not had the surgery yet but will repost after that happens.

May 6th, 2014

Always In Pain

Dr. Elkanich was a relief to me, I had a fusion on my neck from level 3-7, he kept me in good spirits, great bedside manners, if anyone ever asked me if I knew a orthopedic surgeon, I would say yes I do, Mr Michael Elkanich.

May 22nd, 2013

Recommended

I was already seeing Dr. Elkanich for treatment for a back injury due to a gnarly car accident when my carpal tunnel become unbearable. He doesn't technically specialize in hand injuries, but he had performed the procedure numerous times before (it's a pretty routine surgery and certainly less complicated than the spine-related surgeries he usually does) and volunteered to help me out. I'm so glad he did - I woke up in great shape, pretty much immediate relief! Healed nicely too. I really like his office staff and his team at the hospital (Mountainview) was really great too. Office runs well, appointments usually run on or close to on time, and the Dr is a very nice, professional, and smart guy - all things which are pretty hard to find in the Vegas health care industry. Though Dr. Elkanich has been great about directing me towards conservative treatments in hopes of avoiding or at least delaying back surgery, its becoming apparent that surgery is on the horizon, and I'm hoping he'll do this one too.

January 12th, 2012

Cervical Discectomy with Fusion

Due to a bulged disc in my neck I was loosing feeling in both hands along with severe tingling and numbness in my arms. After various other treatments failed to provide reliefDr. Elkanich preformed a Cervical Discectomy with Fusion. To my surprise by the time I woke up and was wheeled into my Hospital room I was already experiencing significant relief. I would have never believed that you could wake up from surgery and already have less pain than when you went in! Follow up care has been consistently good with the Dr. checking to make sure everything is healing properly and the fusion is successful.

May 20th, 2011

Great communication

Dr. Elkanich really takes the time to explain things to you and helps you review your options. He is not quuick to rush in to surgery like many of his peers.

March 16th, 2009

Surgery

He made a huge mistake on my husbands neck surgery. The fusion never healed - it's been 3 years. He wouldn't fix it either.

July 16th, 2017