A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Fernaine is Excellent. Dr. Fernaine has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Fernaine, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernaine graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Fernaine has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fernaine accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 17 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- WellCare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. George Fernaine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George V. Fernaine practice?
Dr. George Fernaine practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Far Rockaway, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists and Brooklyn Cardiologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Jorge Fernaine