A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Florakis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Florakis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Florakis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Florakis graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Florakis has 25 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- White Plains Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Florakis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George J. Florakis practice?
Dr. George Florakis practices Ophthalmology near Scarsdale, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Scarsdale Ophthalmologists.