Dr. George Frey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Frey?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. George Frey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2017

Excellent surgeon

I believe that Dr. Frey is an excellent surgeon but his office is terrible about returning phone calls. I have called 7 times and nobody has returned my calls. Once you area gone from the hospital and are at home, it's really really difficult to get to talk to either Tom, his PA, or Dr. Frey. I have had some complications and can get no response. I don't know if they ate getting the messages and not responding or not getting the messages from his assistant Amy/

March 6th, 2016

happy

Six years ago I was told nothing more could be done for my neck and back. Last year I was referred to Dr Frey. He was honest said he couldn't fix fix my spine but he could make it better. He placed rods from C2 - T3. My head is no longer in my lap and it turns left again. Happy doesn't begin to describe how wonderful it us. I've chosen Dr Frey to be the best Dr. In 15 years.

January 4th, 2016

Five years after a two level fusion (L-3 to L-5) performed by Dr. George Frey, STILL dealing with chronic pain. Dr. Frey obviously threw his hands up after numerous post-op visits with the PA (Dr. Frey is impossible to see after surgery) and referred me to a well known Neurologist near by. I got tired of hearing "the surgery went well..the fusion looks solid... Neuropathy continues to worsen, bone pain (extreme bruised bone sensation in surgery site) continues to worsen. Dr. Frey was very kind and understanding when I originally went to see him, and we discussed my options of surgery. Pros and cons...what could or could not be expected etc, etc. I felt like he really cared, but..... like so many others have said, good luck trying to get in to see him even though I continue on down the road in pain and worsening conditions.

December 31st, 2015

Worse after surgery....like so many others!

I think Dr Frey operated on the wrong thing and let me tell you why: during examinations I pointed to my left sacral joint and said this is where my pain is. Apparently the MRI showed a small bulging disc at L4-5. I now know that many active people over age 40 have a bulging disc somewhere but that doesn't necessarily mean it is what is causing the pain. Dr. Frey performed a multilevel laminectomy and disc decompression at this level; however after surgery, not only did the sacral joint pain on the left side continue but for three and a half years following surgery I had almost debilitating sciatica down my right buttocks, leg and out the top of my foot. It is now 11 years later and after many different physical therapists over the years I still have SI joint dysfunction on the left side and occasional sciatica in my right buttocks. I have recently read that many lumbar spine surgeries are not successful because the problem is not the spine but rather SI joint dysfunction which can be helped with SI joint fusion. In fairness to Dr Fry, I will say he sent me for physical therapy before recommending surgery. Unfortunately I have to agree with the many other reviewers who have stated that after the surgery they never saw Dr. Frey again but instead his PA. For these reasons I was very disappointed in him. He has a pleasant demeanor but I'm not convinced he is a good surgeon.

June 17th, 2015

Might be a good surgeon, but follow up is horrible!

There is no respect for your time with this doctor. I have showed up to appointments only to be rescheduled after driving there and taking time off work. Almost every appointment I have had was rescheduled for a month later and never on scheduled follow up. After my surgery I never saw Dr. Frey in the hospital and only his P.A. for the first 6 months. Might be a talented surgeon, but his follow up is horrible.

August 9th, 2012

Office staff is rude and unfriendly. You shore up to the appt on time, but they make you wait 30 minutes to get into a room and nearly 30 minutes to see the doctor. Great surgeon, but needs to terminate all the employees.

March 30th, 2012

Incredible surgeon with incredible results!

Dr. Frey was very caring, genuinely concerned, and willing to stay late, come in early, and rearrange his schedule to meet my crazy schedule. He spent as much time as was necessary to listen and respond to my questions and concerns. He performed my 3 level fusion and I'm VERY happy with this successful surgery. I'm not an RN, but do have some medical background, and never saw anything questionable about his decisions. If I didn't understand something, he would explain it and then encourage me to research it--no blind following. As far as his 'ethical business practices in question,' what he chose to do was 100% in the right and lawful. It's basic tax laws. I would recommend Dr. Frey to anyone who truly desires the best possible results. Dr. Frey is an unbeatable surgeon!!!! Thank you for giving me my mobility and strength back, I can never repay you enough :)

July 13th, 2011

Great Fusion

During 1998, I had back surgery by different surgeon that was not so successful, after two years of increasing pain and progressively limited mobility; Dr. Frey performed a fusion to stabilize my back. I am 11 years post surgery and the my back is holding up great! I am pain free and remain very active. I just finished some home renovation projects that would not be possible if it was not for Dr. Frey. I was looking up Dr. Frey's address so I could send him a letter to let him know, when I ran across this web site and I wanted to publicly share my experience, Thank You Again Dr. Frey

May 27th, 2011

Excellent surgeon w/ an excellent PA & excellent MA

I have had two very successful lumbar spine surgeries w/ Dr Frey. He is very knowledgeable, professional, thorough in his assessment and discussion with the patient. He did not "push" surgical option on me but rather conducted tests,conservative treatment,& shared w/ me the info (and did not hesitate to answer my complex questions in detail). His Physicians Asst, Tom Saunders PAC, is outstanding in his knowledge, skill, and communication. Their Medical Asst, Renee, is also excellent & efficient in getting answers and making things happen when needed. My only concern is that its very difficult to get in to see Dr Frey both pre- and post-op. That work seems to be delegated almost entirely to PA Tom Saunders. As stated, Tom is outstanding and one of the finest professionals I've ever worked with so this is generally not a problem. But.... I would appreciate more access to the surgeon himself. Office staff very efficient and efffective in setting up tests, treatments, and surgery details.

November 13th, 2010

His office is busy for a reason

The reviews I've read about Dr. Frey really surprised me. 3 years ago I was a healthy 37 year old who started experiencing significant leg pain that began to prevent me from walking. I went for 3 opinions and all concluded I needed a lumbar fusion. After meeting with 3 surgeons, I selected Dr. Frey for my surgery. For 2 months prior to the surgery, he tried various treatments with surgery as a last option. Each visit to his office was a several hour ordeal but that was because of the volume of patients he was seeing and the amount of time he dedicated to each patient. I had a 3 level spinal fusion and spent almost a week in the hospital. His attention to detail and expertise during the surgery and his pain management techniques after surgery allowed me a quick recovery and an incredible life since then. His staff can be rushed at times but the results were so worth the waits. I would much rather have a skilled doctor and his staff with a lot of patients working on me than someone who has all the time in the world because they have very few patients.

October 19th, 2010

When I first saw Dr. Frey his office staff was very friendly and caring. During my last follow up visits especially when I needed him the most he was unavailable. His office staff is rude and defensive, but most of all very uncaring about the patients they are treating. The only good thing I have to say about Dr. Frey's office is the nursing staff is attentive to you while your there. If your needing to see a doctor for you back I wouldn't recommend Dr. Frey, he's never available.

September 6th, 2010

Professional and Caring

This spine clinic, and Dr. Frey in pariticular is the best in the Denver area, without a doubt. He gave me my life back! I have been to many spine clinics, due to a chronic back problem, and they were the only ones to get it right!