Dr. George Garcia MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Orange, CA

no change

April 14th, 2017
Sheryl Von Gnatensky
Dr. Garcia performed eyelid surgery to improve my vision on both eyelids. I was very satisfied with the results. My field of vision is much improved and I had no pain after surgery. I followed his instructions and had healed completely after three weeks. I have recommended him to several of my friends who are seeking the same type of surgery and have complete confidence in his surgical abilities. The staff was efficient and friendly.

April 7th, 2017
I am very happy with my results after cataract surgery with Dr. Garcia. I recommend anyone who needs this procedure to choose Dr. Garcia.

March 23rd, 2017
The Best
I have been going to Dr George H Garcia since 2008. He is the most professional and knowledgeable eye doctor and surgeon I know( and I tried others). I had 2 cataract surgeries with him and my eyes are great! He really cares for his patients and takes extra time to answers questions and concerns. I would not go to anyone else. The staff is great too and always flexible with appointments.

December 10th, 2016
Had both eyes cataract surgery. Excellent care and follow up

September 9th, 2016
They are always about an hour late.

February 22nd, 2014
I had very bad experience with doctor's staff. I think they are insensitive, rude, and incompetent. They put my insurance info wrong. They incorrectly charged me additional $60.00 which my insurance company said they should not have. They promised me to refund and they broke their promise. I will never ever go to that office again.

January 9th, 2014
Great Dr!!!!
Easy to talk to and Dr Garcia explains everything so we understood!

March 8th, 2013
patient
Dr. Garcia was very professional in the way he communicated and treated me for double cataract surgery. His receptionist and other office personnel were friendly and efficient. I especially want to point out his surgery scheduler (Carolina Lasso) for her special attention, diligent effort and flexable attitude when rescheduling surgery dates. She is a real asset to the team. I would certainly recommend Dr. Garcia as a physician with exceptional skill and thoughtful follow-up with care for his patients.

October 8th, 2011
Worst experience
Dr. George Garcia may have a lot of head knowledge which would account for his various academic degrees, however, that is all that I can think to compliment him on. We are all knowledgeable in our own areas and seek the advice of others in the areas we are not expert in. Each time I left Dr. Garcia's office, I felt less educated than when I arrived because of his propensity to throw out medical terms without even pausing to explain them or allow for questions. He literally stood with his hand on the open door trying to leave while I tried to ask ONE simple question about something he wanted to prescribe for me. I never got my question answered but, instead was literally mocked and belittled for asking. He spoke about me to the other staff not to me as a person deserving of even the most basic respect.

September 30th, 2010
I've had 2 issues with this practice. 1) The staff continually starts to put drops in my eyes without explanation. This has happened on 3 separate occasions. The 1st time it was to dilate my eyes during a regular exam, which I feel you need to explain to a patient before hand. The other 2 times were to put a stain in my eyes that burns a little, which I feel you need to forewarn a patient. I stopped the tech all 3 times, but I feel like they should be more caring of their patients. 2) I had to go for an emergency eye visit and saw the other dr in the ofc. He said I had an eye condition that makes me prone to cornea abrasions, gave me drops & set up a followup appt. 1 wk later I went back to see my doc, Dr. Garcia. He diagnosed the issue with a name (which seemed pretty significant when I looked it up online), told me to keep using the drops & to come back for the follow up w/ the other dr. Why would I follow up w/ the OTHER dr??? He didn't give me a proper diagnosis AND Dr. Garcia has been my dr for years. A few weeks later, I returned to Dr. G because I still was having issues. With each visit, he would talk fast and with lots of medical terminology that he didn't explain. When I'd get home and read about it online, there was so much more info he could have given me. I was also left not knowing to how bad my problem was, which made it stressful to go home and see some people have to have cornea transplants. I feel like he has poor bedside manner and doesn't take the time to explain things. I also know of an eye condition I've had for awhile and he's never mentioned it to me... yet he used the term to the tech to have them put it in my notes. It was another indication that he does not give patients the full story. I feel sorry for his senior patients that maybe don't have access to more info online. Thankfully Dr G referred me to a cornea specialist. I won't be going back to his office. However, I must say that the office staff is really nice. I'm sure Dr. G is a competent dr, but I felt like my questions weren't answered well and that I continually did not get the full story of the condition of my eyes. I handled 3 surgeries for my infant son and always left dr appts feeling empowered. Every time I left this office, I felt bewildered. The last time I left, I was infuriated that it took them 3 visits to tell me what I had and to get me to the specialist when they obviously knew after the 1st appt. Eyesight is too precious to jerk people around.