Ophthalmologists, Pediatrician, Surgical Specialist
1031 W Chapman Ave
Ste 204
Orange, CA 92868
714-997-7000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

I had very bad experience with doctor's staff. I think they are insensitive, rude, and incompetent. They put my insurance info wrong. They incorrectly charged me additional $60.00 which my insurance company said they should not have. They promised me to refund and they broke their promise. I will never ever go to that office again.

|  Great Dr!!!!  |  show details
by Mary J Gargiulo on Jan 9th, 2014

Easy to talk to and Dr Garcia explains everything so we understood!

|  Dr.Garcia  |  show details
by Julie on May 16th, 2013

I Went to the office, after Urgent Care sent me to Dr.Garcia, I had scratched a bump on my head,made it worse, and devlopment severe infection under my skin, which is called staph infection. I was told I was going to get cellulitis in my right eye, and was scared for my sight. Dr.Garcia, had to do inpatient surgery that day, I had 3 shots by my eyebrow, and he is the best doctor I have ever been to. Three weeks later no more infection, The office is Clean, Staff is Great, and the Doctor Talks, and Treats you as his patient, and caring. Thank-You Dr.Garcia for the Great Care you and Staff gave Me. I will never forget the care I received at your Office. Thank-You Julie Griego Julie Griego

|  patient  |  show details
by russell henson on Mar 8th, 2013

Dr. Garcia was very professional in the way he communicated and treated me for double cataract surgery. His receptionist and other office personnel were friendly and efficient. I especially want to point out his surgery scheduler (Carolina Lasso) for her special attention, diligent effort and flexable attitude when rescheduling surgery dates. She is a real asset to the team. I would certainly recommend Dr. Garcia as a physician with exceptional skill and thoughtful follow-up with care for his patients.

|  Worst experience  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

Dr. George Garcia may have a lot of head knowledge which would account for his various academic degrees, however, that is all that I can think to compliment him on. We are all knowledgeable in our own areas and seek the advice of others in the areas we are not expert in. Each time I left Dr. Garcia's office, I felt less educated than when I arrived because of his propensity to throw out medical terms without even pausing to explain them or allow for questions. He literally stood with his hand on the open door trying to leave while I tried to ask ONE simple question about something he wanted to prescribe for me. I never got my question answered but, instead was literally mocked and belittled for asking. He spoke about me to the other staff not to me as a person deserving of even the most basic respect.

|  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

I've had 2 issues with this practice. 1) The staff continually starts to put drops in my eyes without explanation. This has happened on 3 separate occasions. The 1st time it was to dilate my eyes during a regular exam, which I feel you need to explain to a patient before hand. The other 2 times were to put a stain in my eyes that burns a little, which I feel you need to forewarn a patient. I stopped the tech all 3 times, but I feel like they should be more caring of their patients. 2) I had to go for an emergency eye visit and saw the other dr in the ofc. He said I had an eye condition that makes me prone to cornea abrasions, gave me drops & set up a followup appt. 1 wk later I went back to see my doc, Dr. Garcia. He diagnosed the issue with a name (which seemed pretty significant when I looked it up online), told me to keep using the drops & to come back for the follow up w/ the other dr. Why would I follow up w/ the OTHER dr??? He didn't give me a proper diagnosis AND Dr. Garcia has been my dr for years. A few weeks later, I returned to Dr. G because I still was having issues. With each visit, he would talk fast and with lots of medical terminology that he didn't explain. When I'd get home and read about it online, there was so much more info he could have given me. I was also left not knowing to how bad my problem was, which made it stressful to go home and see some people have to have cornea transplants. I feel like he has poor bedside manner and doesn't take the time to explain things. I also know of an eye condition I've had for awhile and he's never mentioned it to me... yet he used the term to the tech to have them put it in my notes. It was another indication that he does not give patients the full story. I feel sorry for his senior patients that maybe don't have access to more info online. Thankfully Dr G referred me to a cornea specialist. I won't be going back to his office. However, I must say that the office staff is really nice. I'm sure Dr. G is a competent dr, but I felt like my questions weren't answered well and that I continually did not get the full story of the condition of my eyes. I handled 3 surgeries for my infant son and always left dr appts feeling empowered. Every time I left this office, I felt bewildered. The last time I left, I was infuriated that it took them 3 visits to tell me what I had and to get me to the specialist when they obviously knew after the 1st appt. Eyesight is too precious to jerk people around.