Otolaryngologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Jun 21st, 2014

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. He made a big mistake and then was rude about it and didn't try to fix it.

|  Finally found a dr that cares  |  show details
by Kathy S. on Apr 23rd, 2014

My primary and cardiologist both recommended Dr Georgakakis to me and my husband. He was so friendly and helpful. He immediately diagnosed my problem after having visited so many other drs in the past. He helped me enjoy my life again. He even asked if I had any other questions as I was walking out. That's why he is the best.

|  Not Great  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2013

I suggest you use this doctor for only the most routine and simple ear problems, and not for any serious hearing difficulties. I had been going to Dr. Georgakakis with my hearing problems (I am almost deaf in one ear and less than perfect in the other) for nearly five years. All he did was prescribe hearing aids at $4,000 a pop! In desperation, I went to another doctor, who did more for me in three visits than Dr. G did in 5 years! I realized that Dr. G is notably behind in technical knowledge and his office hearing diagnostic and hearing aid adjustment equipment is grossly out of date and inadequate.

|  very questonable experiences  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2013

In a follow up appointment with this doctor for treating me for 2 issues, he made me leave after addressing one of the issues and make another apointment to come back again to finish the follow up for the 2nd issue. In another apointment he also conviently ignored looking into my throat when I was asking him for a 2nd opinion before having a thyroidectomy from another powerful doctor in town. I had the surgery and saw him a year later with the same problem (difficulty swallowing) that was the main reason for the thryoidectomy in the first place and Georgakus looked into my throat and diagnosed muscle tension and acid reflux. I ended up with many regretable problems from having the unnecessary thryoidectomy.

|  Great ENT Great Follow up Bad Gyro Maker  |  show details
by Larry Baker on May 5th, 2013

I'm like most Americans. I hate all Doctors. Two years ago I was hoarse for 3 weeks. I asked every doctor I knew and every friend I knew who they would see and all within 3 seconds shouted "SEE THE GREEK GUY AT HOLY CROSS HE IS THE BEST". I would have to agree. Usually specialists have no bedside manner and don't listen. With Dr G you get both a skilled experienced specialist and a doctor that won't let you leave his office until he has answered all of your questions and he follows up himself not having a nurse call you back even with test results and if he gets voicemail he will keep trying till he reaches you. The only negative thing you could say about Dr G is at the Greek Church festival every year healed the sloppiest GYRO ever and he should not quit his day job. Anyone on this website that said or says negative comments about this great professional caring practitioner should see a neurologist instead and have their head examined. Dr George is the guy you want for any ENT ISSUES

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
by Pats, P on Apr 18th, 2013

Did not listen to anything I said.....seemed very pre-occupied and not a very good doctor. Will not go back.

Mar 25th, 2013

I am very disappointed in my visit with the doctor, whom I was referred to by my MD. I didn't feel that he really listened to my symptoms even though I tried a few times to explain what I was feeling. He prescribed ear drops and I later dropped off a specimen for testing. When I did not receive a call regarding the results of the test, both my husband and I called the office on four different days. We both were given the run around and the end result was that it took over a week to get an answer out of these people. The doctor himself never did call me. The answer was to finish the ear drops. I asked, "Then what" and was told, "That's it". I will not go back to this doctor nor will I recommend him to anyone else. I will add that I still have an issue with my ear after finishing the eardrops.

Oct 17th, 2012

a real nice guy, professional, personable... he knows what he's doing!

|  overbearing and acted rushed.  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Bedside manner is brusque.Did not arrange for tests as promised. Can only return calls from 5-6 p.m.Would not recommend.

|  EVALUATION  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

REFERRED BY MY MD. RELUCTANT TO LOOK INTO THE SINUS CAVITY TO SEE IF THERE WERE POLYPS AS MY MD SUGGESTED.

|  Good Work, Doctor  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

I had an excellent and professional experience with Dr. G. Great attitude and very knowledgeable about my throat issues. No nonsense, and great work. I would highly recommend.

|  Wife of a patient of Dr. G  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

My husband admitted to Holy Cross hospital from their emergency room. He had a very serious eye infection. Dr. was called in to treat my husband. We were extremely pleased with the care and concern given to us by this wonderful surgeon. He diagnosed the situation quickly, he was informative, explained everything in terms we could understand. My husband needed emergency surgery. Dr. G. made all the arrangements necessary and successfully completed surgery within 48 hours of being admitted. I would highly recommend Dr. George Georgakakis. He was great.

Mar 8th, 2011

The doctor is fantastic. The person scheduling appointments is less the helpful.

|  Dr. George Georgakakis, Beyond Excellence  |  show details
by Stephanie Williams on Oct 18th, 2008

I have been to and know many great doctors, but Dr. G ranks at the very top of this list. His office personnel is warm and efficient. Dr. G enters the room, reviews your chart WITH YOU, showing you tests results and explaining what all the numbers and otherwise gibberish means. He provided me with a clear diagnosis and clear options. He asked me if I had any questions. The follow-up was personal. No nurse or third party called. Dr. G called and called until he reached me. He then went over subsequent tests I took. There is only one impression one can get after visiting Dr. G's office: he is professional, intelligent, honest, and cares (really cares) about his patience. I would strongly recommend his services. P.S. I am all better now! -:)