Dr. George Groves Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. George Groves?

May 7th, 2017

Doesn't dope you up to shut you up!

September 1st, 2016

Death Trap

If you are looking for rude staff who will absolutely NOT return your phone calls or even answer your phone calls, a man with a God complex, or just completely waste your time I highly recommend this office (yes I am being sarcastic). I came to Dr. Groves because that is who my insurance recommended. What I learned was that insurance has no idea what this man or his staff was like...well until they heard from me. He used to have a nurse practioner and she quit without warning (and that should be a HUGE RED FLAG to any new potential patients). The only way this office will answer the phone is when it is a billing issue. If it is in regard to your mental well-being then forget it. They will write it down, put it in your chart and wait until your next visit (even if that visit may be in two months) and that includes an adverse medication reaction. Dr. Groves insists on using medications that are new on the market ( and these are because of the drug representatives that give him free samples) and believe me, approximately 90% of all insurances will not pay for them. He and his staff do not like confrontation (meaning questioning your medications and other health issues) so be ready for a fight. Dr. Groves and his staff get VERY DEFENSIVE when confronted. He may be the one with the medical degree however, his staff seemed to have been trained at Kaplan and that's a wasted $17,000.00 student loan in my book. If you value your health, well-being, your family, and your wallet, you would probably have a better chance getting better mental health care by throwing a dart at page of psychiatrists that your printed from your own computer...just make sure that you deleted his name first.

July 29th, 2015

Dr. Groves has been my dr for over 8 years now...I like that he is professional and courteous. He and his staff go out of their way to help someone. Dr. Groves listens to you...he encourages one to work on yourself as,well...If your looking for a doctor just to get a script or taken out of work for no reason, then he is not for you! He does not play with your health...I feel safe and healthy under his care. Thank you Dr. Groves!

June 18th, 2015

Took over an hour to see him. Was distracted through the whole appointment. Spoke in a condescending manner.

June 16th, 2015

Office staff is VERY rude, never answer the phone, nor do they return voicemails. Dr. Groves does not seem very compassionate at all. Originally I was seeing the nurse practitioner Kendall Romero who was EXCELLENT! But when she left the office I had to see Dr. Groves. I am changing offices immediately due to the rude office staff and just the overall frustration I've dealt with. Definitely would not recommend.

June 15th, 2015

Bad Service

This office doesn't return phone calls. The receptionist is very disrespectful and doesn't have a bit of compassion about what she does. Being that it is a psychiatrist office that deals with mental health patients the priority should be customer service. The receptionist there is very, very rude. By looking at the other reviews it further confirms that I am not the only one that has had a bad experience at this place.

July 7th, 2014

There is no excuse

Just like all the other reviews above, this office has no respect for patients feeling or urgency to return or answer the phone. I have been calling day after day and have not received a phone call back. This has been going on for the past month. I have been unable to get a refill for my son's medication which they have changed and is doing no good. I could go on and on but I think the point was made. Save yourself some grief and find a different Dr.

January 17th, 2014

LACKS EMPATHY!

He is very dry, and lacks empathy.

November 17th, 2012

Great he new where I was coming from right away.

June 17th, 2012

Long waitsStaff can be rudecharlatan psychiatrist lacks empathy and professionalismhe or staff rarely returns calls AVOID or waste your time and money.

May 18th, 2012

Bad Experience

Told me to quit a medication that should not be stopped abruptly, causing very painful and traumatizing withdrawal symptoms for weeks. Later told me that that it was all "in my head" even though it was clearly not, and a simple online search revealed that the medication needs to be tapered slowly. Also, he generally displays a pompous and disrespectful attitude; he has insulted me to my face on multiple occasions (thinks he is making a joke but is actually saying something offensive about you). By far the most frustrating experience I've had with a doctor. Obviously from my experience I do not recommend him.

April 30th, 2012

Someone highly recommended Dr. Groves for ADD/ADHD issues. So we waited two months to get in to give him a try, but will not be going back. He talked down to me throughout the first appointment and barley spoke to my son. His office staff is rude and apparently cannot return phone calls. When I pointed out that they had not returned my calls, I was placed on hold for 4 minutes, and told that they would have to call me back. Three days later, and they still have not called back. I ended up having to call the primary doctor for a refill on my son's medication. I am planing to cancel my son's next appointment... which by the way, if you are a no call/no show, they charge you 150 dollars... Hopefully, they can confirm that it is canceled since you can only talk to voicemail and they never return phone calls. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!