2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Cynthia M. on Jul 29th, 2015

Dr. Groves has been my dr for over 8 years now...I like that he is professional and courteous. He and his staff go out of their way to help someone. Dr. Groves listens to you...he encourages one to work on yourself as,well...If your looking for a doctor just to get a script or taken out of work for no reason, then he is not for you! He does not play with your health...I feel safe and healthy under his care. Thank you Dr. Groves!

Jun 18th, 2015

Took over an hour to see him. Was distracted through the whole appointment. Spoke in a condescending manner.

Jun 16th, 2015

Office staff is VERY rude, never answer the phone, nor do they return voicemails. Dr. Groves does not seem very compassionate at all. Originally I was seeing the nurse practitioner Kendall Romero who was EXCELLENT! But when she left the office I had to see Dr. Groves. I am changing offices immediately due to the rude office staff and just the overall frustration I've dealt with. Definitely would not recommend.

Bad Service show details Bad Service
Jun 15th, 2015

This office doesn't return phone calls. The receptionist is very disrespectful and doesn't have a bit of compassion about what she does. Being that it is a psychiatrist office that deals with mental health patients the priority should be customer service. The receptionist there is very, very rude. By looking at the other reviews it further confirms that I am not the only one that has had a bad experience at this place.

There is no excuse show details There is no excuse
Jul 7th, 2014

Just like all the other reviews above, this office has no respect for patients feeling or urgency to return or answer the phone. I have been calling day after day and have not received a phone call back. This has been going on for the past month. I have been unable to get a refill for my son's medication which they have changed and is doing no good. I could go on and on but I think the point was made. Save yourself some grief and find a different Dr.

LACKS EMPATHY! show details LACKS EMPATHY!
Jan 17th, 2014

He is very dry, and lacks empathy.

Stay AWAY! show details Stay AWAY!
Feb 15th, 2013

If you are looking for a psychiatrist skip this one. While he is highly intelligent, he does NOT EVER return phone calls. I called and left him a message because I was in a panicked mixed state. All he did was add the message to my chart and never returned my phone call. Then at my next visit he prescribed me a new medication, he prescribed it knowing full well that I have other health problems. I questioned him about it but he said it would be FINE. Then I went to fill it. The pharmacist told me not to take it. He said it would not work because of one of my health problems, the exact problem that I was questioned Dr. Groves about in the first place. I was confused so I gave his office a call and let them know what the pharmacist said and asked them to call me and let me know if I should take the medication or not. That was almost 4 weeks ago. Today his staff told me that that message is still on his desk and still unanswered. That is highly unprofessional of any doctor. I have now found a new psychiatrist, thank goodness. But I wasted a year of my time and money with Dr. Groves and that is disappointing.

Jun 17th, 2012

Long waitsStaff can be rudecharlatan psychiatrist lacks empathy and professionalismhe or staff rarely returns calls AVOID or waste your time and money.

Not an exact science! Great doc AND staff! show details Not an exact science! Great doc AND staff!
Jun 4th, 2012

Come on people.. This is not an exact science and requires accurate and honest feedback/info from patients. Dr. Groves is a highly intelligent, understanding, and open Doctor.I spent 3 years looking for a doctor here in Beaumont and am thrilled to finally have found Dr. Groves.His staff has been amazing and any indications of rudeness is probably a reflection of the patients demeanor/ attitude. I will admit that the whole phone message thing is bothersome and has caused a couple if issues, but think about it, it is a psychiatrists office, people (myself included) with mental,let's say, excentricies would burn up a phone line. He would have to hire multiple people to just answer phones.Long and short of it is Dr. Groves is a talented and intelligent phycisian for any market but REALLY stands out in Beaumont area. Any doubters, go a block down the road to Dr. Kahnegettis office... Any o e who did not have mental issues before seeing him would have them soon after starting to visit that office!Ryan-- very satisfied patient!

Bad Experience show details Bad Experience
May 18th, 2012

Told me to quit a medication that should not be stopped abruptly, causing very painful and traumatizing withdrawal symptoms for weeks. Later told me that that it was all "in my head" even though it was clearly not, and a simple online search revealed that the medication needs to be tapered slowly. Also, he generally displays a pompous and disrespectful attitude; he has insulted me to my face on multiple occasions (thinks he is making a joke but is actually saying something offensive about you). By far the most frustrating experience I've had with a doctor. Obviously from my experience I do not recommend him.

Apr 30th, 2012

Someone highly recommended Dr. Groves for ADD/ADHD issues. So we waited two months to get in to give him a try, but will not be going back. He talked down to me throughout the first appointment and barley spoke to my son. His office staff is rude and apparently cannot return phone calls. When I pointed out that they had not returned my calls, I was placed on hold for 4 minutes, and told that they would have to call me back. Three days later, and they still have not called back. I ended up having to call the primary doctor for a refill on my son's medication. I am planing to cancel my son's next appointment... which by the way, if you are a no call/no show, they charge you 150 dollars... Hopefully, they can confirm that it is canceled since you can only talk to voicemail and they never return phone calls. DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!

Very Intelligent show details Very Intelligent
Feb 19th, 2012

Dr. Groves is extremely intelligent and takes alot of time with a patient trying to think through what is going on with them before diagnosing the problem. After diagnosis, Dr. Groves seems to sincerely try and figure what would be the best linen of treatment. He is outspoken, not afraid to tell the truth, VERY explanatory about the symptoms and background of the illness (my husband suffers bipolar and some catatonia) and takes whatever time is necessary to ensure a person fully understands what they need to do to achieve and maintain stability. He is nice, direct, does have a sense of humor and enjoyable personality, as well as being a doctor. Sometimes, the wait before your scheduled appointment can be a little longer, but only because he is spending some needed time with another patient. It is not bothersome to us, because when we need the extra time he's been there for us, too. I highly recommend Dr. Groves. He is 100% better than some other experiences we've had with other psychiatrists.

Dec 15th, 2011

Staff was very rude. I waited over an hour being the only patient in the waiting room. I scheduled my appointment in August for December 15th. After I asked about how much longer the wait would be the receptionist recommended I reschedule for February. No customer support or courtesy what so ever. I would not reccomend.