Dr. George Grunberger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Grunberger?

September 24th, 2015

driven into unneeded expensive prescription

I have a testimonial as someone who promptly left after two visits. I recommend caution to patients. I am type-1 diabetic who visited the institute. From the registered nurse I saw, I was told I would not be given prescriptions for the insulin I needed to stay alive unless I agreed to use a pump. Despite my A1C being better than normal and a pump not suiting my lifestyle, and the literature on pump disadvantages, my issues were dismissed with laughs and statements about being behind the times. While I found it ironic (because I have a Ph.D. in biology and had the disease over a decade) to be patronized and dismissed while being driven to more expensive products (not only the pump)....I found it beyond the pale that my insulin prescription was being used as leverage to push me into a product. Banting and Best - the pioneers who first isolated insulin - would be shocked. They believed diabetics should have prescription-free access to insulins due to the constant, life-requiring need for it as a maintenance drug. I don't believe it is possible to find a greater perversion of their vision for improving patient care than to have insulin prescription as a means of leverage to force use of expensive products. In my visit, it was clear that the treatment regimen had been preordained before evaluation and it was not up for discussion or questions. I am sure the pump is good for some, but with perspective as a Ph.D. holder and a type-1 diabetic, I found such simplistic approaches pitiful for a polygenic and multifactorial diseases... to be unable to entertain the idea that there could possibly be room for discussion. I felt it was very obvious that there were ties to products prescribed. It was no surprise to later see evidence online of $250k in disclosed payments (2014) from those producing prescribed products to George Grunberger. This was consistent with a NYT op-ED of the AACE, which George Grunberger appears to be president of (Healing the Overwhelmed Physician).

January 15th, 2015

Excellent care, they took the time to answer my concerns

June 30th, 2011

Best Doctor Ever!

He has a heart for diabetics and teaches the patients. His staff is great also.

May 26th, 2011

Perfect.

February 6th, 2009

I have found Dr. Grunberger to not only be a compassionate, caring, good natured man but someone who truly is on a mission to help people control and defeat their diabetes. Along with preventing it.

June 23rd, 2017