Dr. George Khoury MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

July 6th, 2016
Hands down, best surgeon ever!

February 12th, 2016
Getting an appointment is a nightmare. I had to physically go to office an present myself to receptionist Even with pain. Appointment was given for 4 weeks in future

June 19th, 2015
Years with him
I have been with Dr. Khoury since 2009 and he has been excellent. I have never had a problem trying to see him, actually when I call to be seen for my follow-up - I am seen within 2 days usually. He does my MRI's on site usually but if I bring them with me, we go into his office and look at the brain scan together and we compare the scans from the years before to see if there is any change. He also contacts my Neurologist in a different city to communicate correct information with one another! He is superb!

April 7th, 2015
A great sweet, kind man as well as a brilliant MD/Surgeon.Visits run smooth, but only until you get past Dr. Khoury's cold -hearted nurse...buuurrrrrrhh!

August 19th, 2014
It's been 8 weeks since my surgery. The pain is worse now than it was prior to surgery. When I called for a follow up appointment, the next available appointment with the doctor was in 5 weeks. Enough said.

August 7th, 2012
Does not take new patients with pre existing conditions
Just having moved to SC and needing another neck surgery, I tried to see Dr. Khoury. He was recommended to me by another medical professional. I could not even get an appointment! I was asked if I had ever seen a neurologist before, when I said yes I was told he would not see me. I tried to explain that I had moved to SC recently and my doctor was 600 miles away. I explained that my right side was numb and it was important that I be seen as soon as possible (per my internist and MRI results). After begging to be seen, another office member got on the phone with me and said if I got all my medical records, MRI results, etc., to their office, Dr. Khoury would review them to see if he wanted to accept me as a patient! Then the would call me in a couple of weeks to let me know and IF he did agree to accept me, only then would they book me an appointment! I have excellent insurance but we never even got that far. He apparently chooses the patients he wants and the rest, well, too bad for them.

March 4th, 2009