George J Haidukewych, MD
Florida Orthopaedic Institute
13020 N Telecom Pkwy
Temple Terrace, FL 33637
813-978-9700
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A Gift from God  |  show details
by Debra P. on Jul 16th, 2013

Thank God for Dr. H. I had a severely fused hip as a result of a bad accident. After seeing two other Orthopedic surgeons, Dr. H. was recommended to me because of the severity of my situation. He was able to remove the extra calcification around the joint and replace my hip. I am now so eternally grateful for him. He is such a brilliant man and has the expertise to help people such as myself to have a better quality of life than I ever expected. I am a very busy and active teacher who is able to walk normally and I was able to return to my profession. That is a miracle! Thank you so much Dr. Haidukewych! Thank God for surgeons like you!

|  Great Doctor and Saved my Dads Leg!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

Not sure why this says Dr H is in Tampa but he practices at Orlando Health in Downtown Orlando.My dad had a knee replacement from another doctor who did not care for him and let his knee get infected to the point there was yellow puss oozing out of it. When we arrived to Dr H there was a chance of amputation and our whole family was devistated.Dr. H took out the new cleaned it and put in a antibiotic spacer and let the Infection doctors treat it for 3 months. Then he put in a new knee and everything was successful.During the 3 months my dad dislocated the cement spacer in his knee 3 times. 1 time Dr H was on vacation and his residents where still able to get in touch with him and he took care of the problem. My dad also went into renal failure from the infection. Dr H was still able to fix the knee and let the Kidney Docs work on my dad and bring him back to normal.I felt so bad to bother him on his vacation and when he came back he told me not to apologize and said he was just glad my dad was ok. He is a GREAT doctor and saved my dads leg. We will never be able to repay him for saving my dad.

|  Dr H proved 16 other dr's wrong!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I am a pt of DR H from Mayo Clinic and ST Mary's Hospital in MN back in 2003. Dr H agreed to try to rebuild my entire rt pelvis, made a titanium bridge to reconstruct my pelvic ring,used all the good bone in my left pelvis to screw, plate, rod and finally fuse my fractures of my displaced pelvis, 2 fractures of my sacrum, my rt SI joint and finally my left SI joint together, as God originally made me. he had to operate from the front abdominal area (which in itself was an extremely difficult procedure), plus he had to work all these repairs around a 3 month old spinal fusion surgery from L4-S1 which was not even fused at the time of the pelvic reconstruction surgery! If not difficult enough, I was stricken with MRSE, and he told me he would have to remove all my new hardware in order to save my life. Without the ability to walk, I did not want to live and I asked all the wonderful team of his doc's to come to my room to brainstorm about what else might be done to save my newly implanted precious hardware so that I might one day walk again. They came up with the idea of vancomycin bead implantation/debridments (3)surgeries, followed by a left quad muscle flap to fill in the gapping hole left in the abdominal cavity and then close with a left thigh skin graft and wound vac for another week. Dr H and his superb staff continued me on vanc I V through a port and I was able to infuse myself for one mth in the comfort of my long term stay hotel. He allowed me to buy a mobile handicapped yellow scooter so that I could take care of myself and help out other long term care pts. At the hotel we all stayed at for many long months while we remained under the constant loving and expert care of our doc's and nurses at The Mayo Clinic. DR H will forever be my hero! While I had to give up running and a couple other extreme sports, nine years later I am completely independent, use no walking aids or braces and live a very full filled and happy life hiking the mts of the US and Canada with my dogs and thanking the good Lord for hearing my prayer Nd leading me to this great doctor whose hands and abilities are truly a gift from God.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

Unfortunatley, Dr, Haidukewych has moved to Orlando and no longer available at Telcom Pkwy. He is the best surgeon I have had and have had numerous surgeries since February, 1964. He was a God-sent to me.

|  Dr. Haidukewych really helped me...  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I had a severe open fracture of my tibia and fibula which Dr. H installed a Titanium rod into running from knee to ankle, and 3 months later I'm walking un-assisted. If this guy can stick a metal rod inside my bone and have me walking again after my leg was folded in half, he is pretty awesome in my book. Thank you Dr. H for saving my leg..I owe you a lot.

|  Dr. H is the greatest  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

I can not say enough about Dr H and his staff. Facing hip replavcement surgery was frightening and he quelled any fears I had with a caring attitude and EXCELLENT professional credentials. I was treated as an individual and not just a faceless patient. Support staff were responsive and professional..any questions I had were addressed at once. I followed all instructions and was up and about in less time than anticipated. The replacement was done in March 2009 and I marvel at how my life has changed for the better. Thank you Dr H...!!!

|  previous patient through mix up .  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

He repaired my broken femur with a 39 cent shelf bracket when it should have been repaired with a rod. his bracket leastd 5 weeks. It broke in half . After eight more suguries later I am permenatly crippled for life. I would not let him work on my pet if I had one. Beware of this one his work is rotten. He thinks he is the greatist X wrong.