A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Hanzel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Hanzel is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hanzel
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hanzel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Hanzel, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hanzel graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hanzel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Stephen Hanzel MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. George S. Hanzel practice?
- Dr. George Hanzel has 10 office locations.
Dr. George Hanzel practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Royal Oak, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Troy, MI and Grosse Pointe Farms, MI.
See Royal Oak Cardiologists.