A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Hanzel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Hanzel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Hanzel, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hanzel graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hanzel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hanzel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George S. Hanzel practice?
Dr. George Hanzel practices Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Royal Oak, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Woodhaven, MI and Troy, MI.
See Royal Oak Cardiologists.