A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Hanzel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Hanzel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Hanzel, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hanzel graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Hanzel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hanzel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George S. Hanzel practice?
Dr. George Hanzel practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Vascular Surgery near Royal Oak, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Woodhaven, MI and Troy, MI.
See Royal Oak Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Royal Oak Cardiologists, and Royal Oak Surgeons.