A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. George Heninger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Heninger, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Agoraphobia (Fear of Open Places)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Psychotic Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
- Tic Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Heninger graduated from University of Utah, Salt Lake City. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Heninger has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Robert Heninger MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. George R. Heninger practice?
- Dr. George Heninger has 1 office location.
Dr. George Heninger practices Psychiatry near New Haven, CT.
See New Haven Psychiatrists.