A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Heninger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Heninger is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heninger
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heninger Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Heninger, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Agoraphobia (Fear of Open Places)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Heninger graduated from University of Utah, Salt Lake City. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Heninger has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Robert Heninger MD is a male Psychiatrist and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. George R. Heninger practice?
- Dr. George Heninger has 1 office location.
Dr. George Heninger practices Psychiatry near New Haven, CT.
See New Haven Psychiatrists.