Dr. George Herdel Jr MD Patient Reviews

August 10th, 2016
Good Doc, good staff.

March 15th, 2016
spend the day here
Office staff leaves much to be desired-too many people doing too little to assist the patients. Wait time is excessive, with a call suggested to staff before showing up for your appointed time - It is always put back at least an hour. Time is more accurate if you are seeing one of the P.A.s.

February 4th, 2016
I was literally dying when I visited this office. For a year and a half I got worse and worse with no help. Due to the incompetence of this doctor I left, found a real doctor and am now recovering. If you value quality of life, stay away from this office or you may not survive to tell the story.

June 26th, 2015
Office staff are 2 steps above day laborers
I have been a patient of Dr H for years. I have watched his practice suffer because his uncaring incompetent office staff. Calls are never returned,left messages never get to the doctor,people who answer the phone have not got a clue. I suggest he step back and reevaluate his practice. The personal touch is gone

April 21st, 2015
Surprising
Not only very professional but they did not hurry me in and out of the office. I was surprised by the personal touch. For someone that hates to go to any doctor, this was a very pleasant surprise

February 10th, 2015
Professional, caring, always has time, wonderful PAs, nurses and office personnel. Everyone is friendly and caring. Call backs are within 24 hours and always, always helpful.

January 13th, 2015
you can never speak with an actual employee and constantly get voicemails. You cannot even get to see the doctor himself. Only his PA. To see the doctor you have to wait 6+ months.

September 17th, 2014
Dr. Herdel my all time favorite family physician

May 31st, 2014
Dr Herdel is a great listener. But, I was in severe pain and was made to wait for 1 and 1/2 weeks for an appointment. Then I was given a shot that did not work and after that I was given a medicine that was 3 Xs too powerful. It left me foggy, unable to think. A test was ordered and I was told that the results were not in yet, however, my other Dr had the results 2 days before. The entire experience has been very upsetting to me and my family.

February 20th, 2014
I have NEVER met a doctor as compassionate, kind and caring. This wonderful man was on vacation and called to find out how I was doing from Colorado. I can not say enough good about his ability to diagnose, treat and follow up. Simply the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

January 27th, 2014
A Doctor's Doctor, Excellent Bedside Manner
A physician friend said Dr. Herdel is the best doctor in New Smyrna Beach. I agree. Promptness is not his strong suit, but patient care is. He tends to run late and the nurses tell you to call before you leave for an appt. in case he is behind schedule. He is caring, supportive and honest. A great guy!

January 16th, 2013
The best doctor I have ever had. Doctors terrify me and he is kind, compassionate. When he is taking care of you, he listens and acts like he has all the time in the world to help you. To me, he is the idea doctor. Patients come first. He staff is also great, friendly and helpful.