Dr. George Huffmon III MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Wilmington, NC

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2017
I am most happy with the results of my back surgery. Just two weeks of recovery, and I was able to do everything I wanted to do. I have told everyone I know about how well my surgery went, and how good the results are, and that Dr. Huffmon was my Doctor.

August 2nd, 2017
Excellent treatment and result
I am very fortunate that I was refereed by my personal physician to Dr. Huffmon. He carefully explained my many back issues, what he recommended for treatment and assessed the probabilities for success. He never tried to rush or pressure me into surgery and let me decide when I was ready. He performed a fusion at L-5, S-1 using a new technique of accessing my spine through the side rather than directly from the front or back and the results have been remarkable. I could not walk two blocks without severe pain and could not stand for more than a minute without pain and severe numbness in my legs. Now, just about one year post-op, I am absolutely pain free, playing golf without limitation and able to do just about anything I want without restriction. A friend had the same fusion but it was done with the conventional direct entry several months before my surgery. She is still rehabbing and cannot walk without pain. I waited five years too long to have my surgery and wish I would have been referred to Dr. Huffmon much earlier. I have recommended him to everyone I know who is having back problems and would definitely return to him in the future if other issues develop. I am quite impressed that we have a physician of his caliber here locally and it is not necessary to travel for this innovative surgical procedure. He is assisted by Jeff Probst who is also very knowledgeable and helpful.

May 19th, 2017
It's all about the money, get them in and out with this doctor
Horrible staff, over 2 hour wait times. Wanted to reschedule an MRI which can be done over the phone with my GP and they wanted to add additional $50 office visit. Couldn't wait to cancel surgery with this guy!

January 7th, 2017
Gifted Surgeon
My treatment was excellent. I can walk pain free.

May 18th, 2016
Greatest Neck Doctor and Staff
Wow! I can't say enough about Dr. Huffmon III and his Staff! Dr. Huffmon was able to diagnose my problem with the neck instead of Carpal Tunnel which I had been seeing doctors for over a year. He went over the procedure that I needed, showed me my MRI explaining in details what needed to be done, and actually showed me the type of plates and screws that possibly would be put in my neck. The surgery was done and wow did it make a difference. His staff were so helpful. Especially Jeff his PA and Crimson who schedules the surgery and was my go to person always answering my questions. If you are having neck problems this is the only doctor to see!

January 28th, 2016
Mayor Town of Caswell Beach
Dr. Huffmon worked closely with my referring physician to provided the surgery I needed. Huffmon was easy to talk to, took the time to explain what procedure was necessary, how the procedure would be done and the pros and possible cons of the procedure. At the surgical center Dr Huffmon visited with me before and after susrgery, he spent time making sure I understood what we would be doing, how I would feel after the procedure and spent time speaking to me with out appearing to be rushed or in a hurry to be someplace else. At my first follow up visit at Dr. Huffman's office Dr. Huffmon was considerate of my questions, and made certain I understood what needed to be done to obtain a good recovery. Although Dr. Huffmon, his nurse and PA's set a sterling example of medical knowledge/ability, understanding, patience, caring and concern, select members of the administrative staff might benefit from additional job training in customer relations and job training.

January 11th, 2016
Jeff Probst,PA I found Jeff to be as compassinate as Dr. Huffmon, they make a great team.
Dr. George Huffmon is my new hero! After being in excruciating pain for months , he took one look at my MRI and diagnosed the problem. He was encouraging, understanding , prompt and proactive. I am so thankful that I was able to find him. I would highly recommend him.

November 19th, 2015
Great doctor
Excellent doctor, quick in response and straight-forward.

October 5th, 2015
Never would I use these folks
I explained to these folks that I was currently seeing a neurosurgeon but wanted to switch to them. She began explaining why I had to wait 90 days before I could do that and as began with my first question she hung right up on me...... and I would want to see these people why? She actually did me a huge favor, I would have hated to get this kind of treatment halfway into any procedure. I would never use these folks mainly for that reason, their office staff seems to need some brushing up on, a bunch ! Never Use These People, Why Would You?

June 29th, 2015
I had a spinal fusion over a year ago (L-3 & L-4) and Dr. Huffmon did a wonderful job. I just wish I had the surgery years ago. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and will not hesitate to see him again if I need him.

May 14th, 2015
Best Surgeon on east coast

April 8th, 2015
MY APPOINTMENT WAS (ALL THREE TIMES) WAS TO SEE DR HUFFMON. I BELIEVE I HAVE SEEN EVERYONE ON STAFF BUT HIM. WAS VERY DISHEARTENED THE LAST VISIT. WAITED IN PATIENT ROOM FOR APPROX. 30 MINUTES FOR A 10 MINUTE SLUR FROM A PA.