Dr. George Kemp MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 13th, 2015
Excellent doctor

May 27th, 2015
this physician has impeccable credentials and has the advantage of working with EVMS and Sloan kettering in New york. he is also a past president of our board of surgeons. the staff are so helpful and friendly. Dr. George kemp is a skilled surgeon specializing in ob/gyn and oncology matters. what a gem for our community of women!!! I found him to be caring and to the point. I would highly recommend this doctor to friends and family.

February 22nd, 2015
Very, very disappointed !!
This man has a God complex like I have never seen & his attitude toward me left me appalled !!! I was desperately ill & in need of immediate surgery & my regular doctor had recommended him. I feel as if he screwed up my surgery. His bedside manner when he came to see me in the hospital was atrocious & it was the same at all follow up visits. I was very worried about HRT as my mother had breast cancer & he all but laughed at me. My husband was ready to deck him. I have since spoken with other female patients of his (ex patients I might add) & nurses that have worked with him & EVERY ONE of them holds the same opinion of him.

January 31st, 2014
Dr. Kemp is a great doctor but his staff - the receptionist - is extremely unhelpful. I called in with a simple request and she refused to help me and just kept saying "okay" to everything I said. She should have just said "I don't care" instead as it was obvious from the tone of her voice that was what she meant. I would NEVER go back there because of the office atmosphere but as I already said doctor Kemp is a good doctor. His staff on the other hand are like robots - emotionless, unhelpful and don't care kind of people.

January 8th, 2014
I have nothing positive things to said about Dr. Kemp and his staff. I have always been able to get an appointment in a timely manner and have never had to wait an extended amount of time in the waiting area. I found him to be direct and to the point. Answered all my questions pertaining to my proceedure. I would recommend Dr. Kemp to anyone who needed his services.

August 8th, 2013
Patient
I had the unfortunate experience of encountering this dr strictly because he was on call. All I can say is he was awful. Rude, abrupt, and just awful. I would never, ever, under any circumstances actually seek him out at his practice.

June 20th, 2013
Great Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Kemp for years and never experienced any rudeness or lack of interest in my care from him or his office staff. He has always listened, answered my questions, and been professional and courteous. I've never had to wait a long time, he is not in a hurry and his wife and office manager is warm and caring.

February 11th, 2013
uncomfortable patient
worst pap i have ever had

January 18th, 2013
Great doctor, got the job done!
Dr. Kemp was really wonderful in my time of need and high stress. Not only was he able to see me almost immediately for my first appointment, but he also worked with me when my insurance decided I had a pre-existing condition. He was very reassuring and optimistic about my condition throughout the entire process. The other thing that really stood out to me was how the nurses would react when they found out he was my doctor. It was very clear that he demanded the best for his patients and had a low tolerance for any mess ups or changes to his instructions. I really feel like I benefited from that. I would also say that he really was on-top of my pain management and made sure I was comfortable while recovering. Finally, what impressed me the most was how committed he was to answering my questions. When I went for my consultation my son came with a list of questions and he took the time to answer them all and then even called my daughter who lives out of town to go over the results and plan and make sure she understood everything as well. Dr. Kemp is a phenomenal doctor and surgeon.

May 2nd, 2012
I have been seeing DR. Kemp for years and he and his staff have always been very courteous and knowledgeable. I have never seen his rude side as stated in others comments. He has always treated me with respect and is caring.

March 17th, 2011
Not a pleasant experience
My appt was made by my current OBGYN doctor who used to practice with Kemp so I got right in after my ultrasounds. He is very much to the point and as long as you ask few questions and take his word as law there will be no problems. Well, that's not me! His wife is the office manager and at first was very kind; she later changed when I questioned his manner and disconnection to me as a patient. My surgery was scheduled and upon the completion of my phone conversation with his office/wife, I cancelled the surgery and told her to put me on the "no longer a patient" list. She told me that could be arranged and I said "thank you" and hung up. He is so angry looking; he assumes that you are an idiot yet penalizes you for asking any questions.....he is in a hurry and basically tells a patient what he wants and no more. I found him to be too disattached for my liking and will look for another surgeon. Bless his wife's heart; she is probably the only one who will put up with his crap in this day and age.......good for her!

October 22nd, 2010
Dr. Kemp has a poor bedside mannner and his staff is rude and disconnected also. He doesn't seem like he is actually paying attention or cares about you as an actual human being. I was made to feel stupid for asking questions or not knowing the exact terminology of something. He didn't take any real time during the visit to discuss a plan or fo you to have a say in your care either. Cancer patients need more assurance than just getting their privates poked and told they will be just fine.